Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Induction System

jj-vette

Corvette
2001 Navy Coupe
I am considering upgrading the Air Induction System on my C5. My questions are: Does it increase performance 12+ hp and should I also purchase the Mass Air Flow Sensor along with the changeover? Mid-America has a K&N system for $400 plus another $400 for the sensor. Is it really worth it? Do I need both? Thanks for your help.

I think 12hp from an air induction system is dreaming. I know what they all claim, but I just don't think it happens. If you want one, fine, go ahead and get it, but don't truly expect those numbers.

BTW, I have a HallTech stinger on my 01.

I think they help.Just look at your stock set-up!Look at the small air hole A open filter probly gives a few horses at speed,and they look nice:w

Be it 3 or 15 horsepower, you won't feel the difference. You may knock a tenth off at the strip, but you'd have to go to the strip to really realize the difference. Same with exhaust. For street driving, it's just not noticeable - it's only 1 - 3% difference..

You may want to try the Vararam, it won't give you large improvements on the dyno, but at the track there is all sorts of real life experience that it will improve your ET and they claim some amazing HP numbers. I have read countless posts on another Forum where guys swear up and down that their cars are faster and you can get a new one shipped for $250.

I bought a stock air cleaner lid and cut out about a 8"x12" opening. Then I installed a K&N filter. How does this compare to a Haltech or other type of performance induction system??? I don't know, BUT, I saved a load of cash (new lid, K&N filter & cleaner kit =~$120). Admittedly there was no seat of the pants improvment in performance, but when you hammer it, you get a GREAT induction growl that I love!
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom