Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Intake Box

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
Does anyone have a photo showing the difference between the C6 air box and the Z06 air box.I wpuld appreciate it as I was thinking of converting to the Z06 air box,maybe or may be the Black Wing. Rod

Does anyone have a photo showing the difference between the C6 air box and the Z06 air box.I wpuld appreciate it as I was thinking of converting to the Z06 air box,maybe or may be the Black Wing. Rod

what is so special about the Z06 airbox that you want that one? Not sure what the difference is between the two airboxes is. I have install a K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kits > Performance Intake Kit on my C6. They say that it increases the HP by 10 @ 6000 RPM, I know that you typically don't run your engine at that speed for more then a second or two when running it hard. There are also other companies that produce after market air intake kits that flow more air, increase fuel economy, and claim to increase HP. I have about 1,300 miles on since I have installed mine. I don't notice anything on the HP side, but I do think that the fuel economy has increased a bit.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-3052

There are places on the net or at a loal auto store that you can get the above item a little chaper then directly from K&N.

thanks

what is so special about the Z06 airbox that you want that one? Not sure what the difference is between the two airboxes is. I have install a K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kits > Performance Intake Kit on my C6. They say that it increases the HP by 10 @ 6000 RPM, I know that you typically don't run your engine at that speed for more then a second or two when running it hard. There are also other companies that produce after market air intake kits that flow more air, increase fuel economy, and claim to increase HP. I have about 1,300 miles on since I have installed mine. I don't notice anything on the HP side, but I do think that the fuel economy has increased a bit.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-3052

There are places on the net or at a loal auto store that you can get the above item a little chaper then directly from K&N.
Thanks for the info.I will definitely take your suggestion.Its nice to be able to ask for help and receive accurate information.Rod

On the C5s, the Z06 air box had a larger intake hole; almost twice the size of the of the regular C5. One popular mod is to cut an even bigger hole; pretty much cut away the flat portion of the air box cover which is probably half the front part of the box. On the regular C5 I installed a K&N filter along with the enlarged opening and "perceived" better performance. Plus I like the sound of the induction roar.

I've been thinking of doing the same with the C6 air box but I haven't really looked at it closely to see what can be enlarged. Anyone done this yet?

take a look at todays post by *x89x2* about the callaway honker. It has a large openening you must cut in the shroud and then install the LS3 Callaway Honker CAI system. It does make a diff..

air in

If you want gains/more air,you won't get it with a Z06 filter, or any other big filter that just sits there and sucks in hot underhood air.You need a CALLAWAY HONKER,LPE,VARARAM or something similar,otherwise you're wasting your money!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom