Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Pressure

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
Can anyone tell me the tire pressures for a stock '85?

oem door sticker on my 86 calls for 35 psi, cold, front and rear...mine came with the enkei 9.5'' wheels ( Z51 )...i can remember some of the magazine car tests that claimed best handling with substantially higher tire pressures.

Thanks! That's what I thought it was but it rides like a truck (except for the squeaky fiberglass).

Thanks! That's what I thought it was but it rides like a truck (except for the squeaky fiberglass).

seems like 50* F is some kind of critical temp for my vette...rides noticeably stiffer below 50* than above...none of my other cars do this...no idea if its the tires, shocks (oil inside those) or plastic springs, however tire traction vanishes at the ''magic 50*'' point also ,so suspect its the tires....drive accordingly. :w

I run 35 in my 88 and that seems to be about perfect. The ride is a little stiff but it is a sports car. And compared to my 69 it rides like a dream..

Rides great on smooth roads, but on gravel or rough road forget it. I might as well be in an old dump truck. Guess I'm just spoiled. 35# seems to be the number.

Short trips I run 35 all around. On a road trip I drop the back to 32 seems to soften it just a little and not real noticable in handling. If I have luggage I stay at 35.

Glenn
:w

Max Pressure

This tire pressure question comes up occasionally here on the CAC. On all my vehicles, not just the Vette, I run tire pressures at the max pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire. I do so because I assume the higher the pressure the lower the rolling resistance and the better the overall performance of the car. Does anyone have any information to dispute this logic?;shrug

I run the max on all my vehicles except the vettes. 35 is just right on those for me. They don't ride to bad and the handling is good.

This tire pressure question comes up occasionally here on the CAC. On all my vehicles, not just the Vette, I run tire pressures at the max pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire. I do so because I assume the higher the pressure the lower the rolling resistance and the better the overall performance of the car. Does anyone have any information to dispute this logic?;shrug

Sounds about right on, also get thhe best fuel mileage, but boy is that a stiff ride!
kinda like a hardtail Harley!

Tom

Tom - I already have one sports car that rides like a hard tail. I was hoping the vette would have a more "gentlemanly" ride':L

there is a GM TSB about the ride feel, it says to lower the tire air pressure to 30 psi, i believe.

TSB for air pressure

I've been searching the web all night for that TSB. Could you please supply a link since there seems to be a debate going on here. Thanks!

I've been searching the web all night for that TSB. Could you please supply a link since there seems to be a debate going on here. Thanks!

;shrug i got the info from ALLDATA on my mechanics computer at his shop.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom