Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Airbag Label Removal???

Ghost

Corvette
2012 Supersonic Blue Grand Sport
I've done the search but can't find anything related to the C6.

The airbag label on the sunvisor is a painted(?), dyed(?) application, not an adhesive fixed label. Has anyone been brave enough to attempt removal?

My last vehicle had this type of label, but the sunvisor was a leatherette material, not fabric. I used denatured alchohol to successfully remove the label. Does anyone know if the denatured alcohol will work? Otherwise, I'm thinking it may have to be painted.

I just love our litigious society that makes these labels necessary....:eyerole

The airbag label on the sunvisor is a painted(?), dyed(?) application, not an adhesive fixed label. Has anyone been brave enough to attempt removal?

My last vehicle had this type of label, but the sunvisor was a leatherette material, not fabric. I used denatured alchohol to successfully remove the label. Does anyone know if the denatured alcohol will work? Otherwise, I'm thinking it may have to be painted.

please explain why this is needed to be done. i never notice mine and even after having my C-6 for 2 years i could not even tell you what is says or what color it is because i have no reason to look up there.i just look out the windshield to see where i am going. there are places that recover the sunvisors so check there. i would guess the liberal federal govt agency,the nanny state that knows what best for you, had something to do with placing these messages there.

Why remove them?

1. They are huge and fugly.

2. I don't want them on the car.

3. They measure 5 3/8 by 3 inches, are mostly white with a yellow stripe and they CLASH with the ebony interior/sunvisor.

4. See items 1 & 2. :)

I've considered having them recovered, but would rather try the removal option first.

I used Goof-Off on a soft terry towel,get it wet let it set wipe with dry side, repeet till gone

Thanks for the info. I'm considering the decals, but will probably try the goof-off....

Thanks for the info. I'm considering the decals, but will probably try the goof-off....

Here is what mine look like..click the small pic and you will get a large one, click the bottom right of it and it will go huge! Not the best view but you will be able to tell...

Thanks for the pic. They look good. I'll probably keep that as the secondary option should I screw up with the goof-off... cover the error, so to speak.

Thanks for the pic. They look good. I'll probably keep that as the secondary option should I screw up with the goof-off... cover the error, so to speak.

Sounds like a plan. You can also note the decal on the ash tray :D

Update.

Althought the airbag warnings look as if they are painted on the visors, they are just adhesive labels. I tried the goof off, and nothing was happening, except I saw one corner of the warning label start to come up. Moving to a label/adhesive remover I was able to peel both labels off, using patience and allowing the remover to work. There is a faint shadow where the labels used to be, but I'm satisified with the result. IMO its better than the labels itself.

I know, the thread is useless W/O pics. I'll try to post some this weekend if anyone's interested...

please explain why this is needed to be done. i never notice mine and even after having my C-6 for 2 years i could not even tell you what is says or what color it is because i have no reason to look up there.i
:L I read it once, forgot what it says.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom