Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Airfoil & Maf

Scott, unless you install a custom chip that allows for increased pressure, the adjustable fuel pressure regulator won't do you much good. Basically, the O2 sensor will sense the richer mixture, the ECM will read this, and it will then shorten the "on time" for the injectors, because the ECM is always trying to maintain a 14.7:1 air/fuel mixture.

DO check to be sure that your stock regulator is producing the required pressure (above 35 lbs.). :upthumbs

Had the same problem with my intake gaskets before. ;)

_ken :w

tpi fuel reg.

thnx ken-- i really hadnt heard anything gr8 about the regulator or the need for it - on a basically stock motor- thought it was for more of a modified engiine needing more fuel flow- i didnt know about the computer overiding it though- thnx for the info-so unless i can get some gain from a chip and reg i'll leave it out - was gonna do the chip but decided to just change the fan sensor to have it come on sooner (damn thing runs hot 229 plus) and im going to put in the throttle pos switch from tpi to bring the wot settings in sooner-lets see.... got the foil....got the K and N.....removed the screen (didnt get rid of ears though will do).......modified air fil cover-----need that smoothie pipe.....got the vette sun glasses and denim jacket (if she could see me now)......and yes i'm gonna do it.....going right now to the catalogs and looking for the best priced nos kit.....yeeeeehaaaaaaa. nite all :w

Where can I get smooth ducts? maxrevs85 mentioned LPE. What or where is LPE.

Granted, they are a bit overpriced, but remember the old hot rodders adage: "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" ;)

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom