Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ALCL diagnostic mode

jseremba

Corvette
1989 Blue Z51 6 spd Manual Transmission
Hello,

I am restarting a 1985 Corvette. I have the car running and I am trying to see if the sensors and ECM are working correctly. The previous owner did a little rewiring.
I put a paper clip in terminals A and B on the ALCL. The check engine light did not come on. I am wondering what to do or what this means.
The other question I have is. When I read the FSM decision tree it says check C410 on the ECM. How do I do that strip the wire. Or is there a scanner or tool that I am supposed to use.

Thank you for the help.
Joe

Was your procedure:
-key off, insert A-B jumper
-key on, see if SES flashes "12" three times
-if no flashes, check for ground at ALCL connector pin A

"did a little rewiring" can be scary...

On what page of your '85 FSM are you reading those instructions?

Hello 65z01,
The SEL does not come on when I turn on the key. I forget the page number but I did find the circuit in the FSM. Presently I am on vacation so I don't have the FSM disc or I would give you the page number. The car is in a Auto Hobby Shop on Navy Base Guam. I need to pay 6 or 10 dollars per hour to work on the car. It gets expensive.
I will be working on it next weekend. I will update you on my progress.
Yes it is scary that they did some rewiring
Thank you for your help.
Best regards

Hello,

I checked the resistance of the Fuel injectors yesterday. All of them have 12.5 Ohms resistance. The stock resistance is supposed to be 14 - 16 ohm. A guy on YouTube said the actual number is not as important as the fact that they are all about the same.
I measured the fuel pressure. When I turn on the key the fuel pressure goes to 40 psi but drops of to less than 30 as soon as I turn off the key. I have a regulator coming by mail.

Thank you all

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom