Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

All Fluids Flushed

Iroc2Vette

Corvette
2013 Z06 1LZ
I decide a while back to flush all the fluids in my 2013 when it got close to 40Kmiles. Took it to the dealer and they performed the services. Clutch, engine, cooling, P/S, brakes, trans and diff. All have fresh fluids. It wasn't cheap. But, I'm planning on keeping my Vette for a long time. So I want to take extra care of it. This spring, I'll swap out the engine air filter and recently swapped out the cabin filter. I was also told the battery, though being a no maintenance piece, still has fill caps. So this spring I'll see if those caps come off and top off the cells with distilled water. Then I'll be ready for a new season of lots of mileage fun.

Next week, it's going to a body shop to be machined buffed and touched up. I also want to make sure it's always looking good. I understand a good machine buffing will get out any built up oxidation and really bring out the shine. My biggest issue is to try to balance having a driving car vs a show car. It can never be a show car as I'll be piling too much mileage on it for that....

A friend owns a Ferrari 360 coupe. It hit 30K and had to spend over $8500 on service. Of course, the engine had to be removed to replace cam belts...and lots of other stuff was done as long as the engine is out for easier service. I figure if he can spend THAT much, I can spend a fraction of that amount and keep my American Ferrari (that just happens to have a Kentuckian accent) in top condition.

I'd also like to thank Partyka service for doing a great and timely job. A day in a half and it was all done. They also saw I'm in need of new front brakes soon. But, said I could get by until spring as I won't be driving it much more this winter season. And, I said Rock Auto sells the parts I'd need for less than half they do. Would they still install the parts if I brought them in? No problem. I still even get a labor warranty (no parts, however, which is perfectly understandable). By doing it that way, a $1150 brake job can be done for just about $530! Not including tax, of course. So far, the service at this dealership has been pretty stellar. Even have a shuttle service! :thumb :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom