Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

All Numbers Match

MM-C5

Corvette
2013 Cyber Grey Grand Sport Coupe
I've seen this since Christ was a PFC and have a very vague idea of what it means. I'm particularily interested in C-3 '70 > '72. Could someone please tell me:

What numbers to look for

Where to find them

What they mean

How to be sure they are for real.

Thanks

Tom ;help ;shrug

The best thing to do is to get a book. I recommend Corvette by the Numbers, Corvette Black Book, and NCRS Technical Judging Manual. They give explaination and what correct numbers are. Numbers matching implies factory correct. IMO, the most important numbers are that the VIN stamped on the engine pad matches the car, thereby implying original engine, but there are numbers and dates on everything to include the correct paint and interior color. A car painted red that was original blue would not be all numbers matching, but still may have the numbers matching engine or transmission. Don't trust anyone selling a car as "numbers matching". Educate yourself and check yourself the numbers that matter to you.

Thank you very much Rainman. I'll see if I can find these books.

Tom :w

tom sounds like you're in the market for an older shark. hmmm joining us on the dark side

robin

robin74 said:
tom sounds like you're in the market for an older shark. hmmm joining us on the dark side

robin

Actually, I've had two old sharks and one POS '77 ! '69 Vert & '71 Coupe

This will kill you.

In 1970, I purchased a 1969 L-88 Vert from a fellow Guardsman who had purchased it new. No wrecks, picture perfect! Price ... $2200

Like a BDA, in 1972, I sold it for $2400 :cry :cry

Two weeks ago, I had the opportunity to by a '71 coupe that the owner said: "all the numbers match" Asking price was $13000 and it turned out to be a LT1 to which Corvette Mag says add $11,000. I passed because I didnt know what any of that meant! :cry

Can't say I'm truly in the market but I am going to get educated! If CINCHOUSE would let me, my daily driver would be the C5 and the '70 - '72 would be under wraps.

Tom :w

tom, i need to be your new best friend! so i can get the deals you pass on.
BTW ,how was the corvettes on the circle? i thought about you that weekend. would have liked to be cruisin' along the condo coast..
we will be having corvettes at the mercado(upscale tourist shops) in july. think you might be up this way?
also don't forget to mail me that show info you promised. vette will be in better shape by then.or maybe an excuse to ride the harleys on the left coast.

robin

robin74 said:
tom, i need to be your new best friend! so i can get the deals you pass on. BTW ,how was the corvettes on the circle? i thought about you that weekend. would have liked to be cruisin' along the condo coast..
we will be having corvettes at the mercado(upscale tourist shops) in july. think you might be up this way?
also don't forget to mail me that show info you promised. vette will be in better shape by then.or maybe an excuse to ride the harleys on the left coast.
robin

Wish I had the $$ to act on those deals! The Circle was fantastic with =/- 180 cars. The only other Dark Bowling Green Metalic won the prize for our catagory. :upthumbs Always a Bridesmaid never a Bride :upthumbs

We'll be out of pocket most of July & August so we'll miss Mercado and OctoberVettes. As for Corvettes At The Pier, check out the SE Forum. I just posted a Pre-Registration. If I knew how to put the link in here, I would. ;shrug

Hope 2 C U - and a bunch of other CAC folks there :w

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom