Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alloy Wheel Plastic coating

73vette

How do I remove the plastic coating on my Alloy wheels. Someone must make a simple product to apply on the wheels and then wipe off. Help.

Thanks
73vette.

Mid America sells a clear coat removal kit for $39.95, item # 17748. Tel # 800-500-8388.
I used 00 steel wool and a heavy duty wheel polish to remove the clear coat from my wheels because the CE wheels are also painted and I did not want to disturb that part of the wheel.

"REMOVER"

73VETTE. BOUGHT A PRODUCT AT AUTOZONE CALLED AIRCRAFT REMOVER. WORKS GREAT, BUT READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!! COST ABOUT $5.00 FOR A QUART. GOOD LUCK. JCL :w

wheels

I don't belive that they put clear coat on the wheels untill around 81 or 82 I have a 78 and it doesn;t. I use mothers aluminum and wheel polish,if you try it and black residue comes off than you don't have clear coat on the wheels

Alloy wheels

Thanks everyone for the good ideas. I will try the Mothers to determine if i have the plastic coating. In 1973 only 4 cars had the alloy wheels installed as an option. I have one of those cars. They were put on alot of cars in the late 70's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom