Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Almost got a ticket

Front License Plate

For those of you required to display a front license plate in their states check out this: Altec Remote Control Show n Go Retractable License Plate Holder -400EU There is a video showing the operation.

This is a remote control front plate holder that you can make disappear when you want. I have it on my 2006 Cadillac XLR-V and it works great. I don't even put it up--I'm waiting to get pulled over for not having a front plate, then flip it up and ask the officer what he's talking about there's a front plate on here. Ha-Ha

If anyone would like to see pics of it on my car let me know and I'll take some to post.

XLR-V06
"Cubby"

Got stopped 3 times in a month (Osage Beach, MO), twice by the same guy. Two weeks later stopped by a state trooper. No fines but I giggled and gave in and installed the plate.

Remo:cool

2564495910103361744S600x600Q85.jpg
LOL.. REMO, So does Virginia !!!

When I moved to California from Florida my wifes BMW had no front plate and I never put one on. Two years and no problems. We traded the car in for a new BMW 1 year later no tickets. I asked the dealer about the front plate deal. He told me the ticket for no front plate was only $20 and you had to go to the local DMV with a plate on to prove you fixed it. A ticket for running a light and getting your picture taken with your front plate around $200-$300 so he says My Vette will not be running a front plate. I guess I may find out if the dealer was right...

When I moved to California from Florida my wifes BMW had no front plate and I never put one on. Two years and no problems. We traded the car in for a new BMW 1 year later no tickets. I asked the dealer about the front plate deal. He told me the ticket for no front plate was only $20 and you had to go to the local DMV with a plate on to prove you fixed it. A ticket for running a light and getting your picture taken with your front plate around $200-$300 so he says My Vette will not be running a front plate. I guess I may find out if the dealer was right...

The dealer you talked to gave you bad info. After you've been given a citation for no front plate all you have to do is put a front plate on and show it to an officer who will sign off your citation. Depending on which county in Calif you reside bail amounts (fines) will be different, you still have to pay a fine. Also, take a good look at those intersections using cameras. There are TWO cameras, one for the front of your car and another for the rear. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom