Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Altec Splash Guards

chieftam

Corvette
2006 Arctic White Z51 Coupe
Does anyone have a C6 with the Altec Splash Guards? Do you have pictures, especially on a light colored car? Do they work? I ordered a set of Cleartastic paint protections, but after getting them and reading the fine print and instructions, I don't think they are what I was looking for. I am now down to putting on splash guards, but don't know whether to go with the molded body color Altec's, or with the smaller thin plain black ones. I cannot seem to find pictures of the Altec's on the front of a car. Thanks for the assistance.

Does anyone have a C6 with the Altec Splash Guards? Do you have pictures, especially on a light colored car? Do they work? I ordered a set of Cleartastic paint protections, but after getting them and reading the fine print and instructions, I don't think they are what I was looking for. I am now down to putting on splash guards, but don't know whether to go with the molded body color Altec's, or with the smaller thin plain black ones. I cannot seem to find pictures of the Altec's on the front of a car. Thanks for the assistance.
Have a set that I intend to install tomorrow (9/8/06). Will send photos & post when completed. Machine Silver in color. Not too fond of the idea - drilling holes but I had the Cleartastic also and they didn't last too long. I need something more durable (gravel driveway and those big @#$ tires pick up rocks).

AVnerdguy

I appreciate that. I would also appreciate your opinion of the quality of the guards themselves and the paint. The city just seal coated my road, and in the Texas heat, I not only get rocks, but lots of tar as well. Doesn't look too good on white! Noticed you were from St. Paul. I moved to Texas about 3 years ago after 10 years in White Bear Lake.

Now you can drive yer Vette year round - mine goes into storage sometime in Nov. Well, after much deliberation I decided not to install the Altecs. I tacked them on and did a walk around and I just didn't like the look. I'll send photos if you like - email me. Not that they're all that bad looking but I just couldn't spoil the lines of the car. The finish/paint of the guards is good. They seem to need some minor trimming to fit flush. Guess I'll put em on e-bay and continue my search for something else. I think I'll try the black ones that don't require drilling. I'll put them on when I go on road trips and take them off for cruising. Maybe a combo of the Cleartastic and removable guards.

I did get a chance to install the CAGS eliminator - well worth it as I live in a neighborhood with 4 way stops evry 2 blocks.

Your C6 looks great without them. Don't put mud flaps on Corvettes! :upthumbs

I have not looked at the lips on the Z06, at least not since I got the C6. They would not fit the C6 anyway, would they? And yes Nevets2004, I agree the car looks great without the splash guards, I just hate everything that gets thrown up on the side of the car without them. Don't know what I will end up doing yet though.

On the flip side, I couldn't have put anything on this past weekend. I ended up driving the car 1000 miles to Iowa to watch my boy play football. GREAT car to do a road trip in. I did the 1000 miles back straight through in 13.5 hours and was never uncomfortable. Even got just over 27 mpg with only 980 miles on the car when I started! What a blast these cars are to drive, and so many comments from people about how good they look.

Todd, back in Texas

On the flip side, I couldn't have put anything on this past weekend. I ended up driving the car 1000 miles to Iowa to watch my boy play football. GREAT car to do a road trip in. I did the 1000 miles back straight through in 13.5 hours and was never uncomfortable. Even got just over 27 mpg with only 980 miles on the car when I started! What a blast these cars are to drive, and so many comments from people about how good they look.

Todd, back in Texas

1000 miles! That's some road trip. Unfortuneately, I had to stay up in Pennsylvania and let my 21 year old son drive the Vette down to Texas. That was about 1500 miles. He thanked me for that special gift. I think he loves my baby more than I do.

I did the 1000 miles back straight through in 13.5 hours and was never uncomfortable. Even got just over 27 mpg with only 980 miles on the car when I started! What a blast these cars are to drive, and so many comments from people about how good they look.
I can't think of another 400hp car on the planet that can do this....

Definately agree - it looks so much better without. I sent some photos to cheiftam and can forward if anybody else is interested.

White

I think white an silver are the only colors for Texans with all that heat and radiation. :) A big NO-NO on the mud flaps though.:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom