Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aluminum Water Pump

My conflict resolved so we'll be ther on time. It looks like Steve wants to meet at 9am and leave by 10, which means people will start showing up at 9:30 and we'll leave between 10:30 and 11

Bob, where are you meeting? I would like to jump in the line somewhere maybe up around 985 and Friendship road or something.
I think that would be much more fun than just cruising up there ourselves.

Let me know where we could possibly catch the group and I will plan for that!

Thanks!

LARRY :cool

Larry,

I think we are going to be going straight up 400/19 following 19 to the cutoff for Brass Bald and then going over to Helen. The best place to meet might be where 20 cuts into 400/19 near Cumming.

Bob

bobchad said:
Larry,

I think we are going to be going straight up 400/19 following 19 to the cutoff for Brass Bald and then going over to Helen. The best place to meet might be where 20 cuts into 400/19 near Cumming.

Bob

Gotcha!
I have never went that way, but that will be fun, going another way up to Helen!

Do you have a clue as to what time you might be passing by the 400 / 20 intersection? Can you maybe call me on my cell phone as you get close to there? - I will PM you my Cell phone number...

Thanks Bob and I am really looking forward to this cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

LARRY :cool

Ok I got the pump tonight. The thing doesn't come with any of the studs necessary to mount the fan. Do you pull the old ones out or get new ones? If you pull the old ones out, how do you do it without damaging the threads?

Put two nuts together on one stud, tighten them against each other, then you can turn the inside nut in the counterclockwise direction and the stud will come out.

Studs? My fan was held on with bolts (through the fan and spacer, threading into the pump flange).

Of course, it could be incorrect - wouldn't be the only non-stock thing on this car...

Anyway, when I removed the mechanical fan in favor of electric, I needed shorter bolts to hold the water pump pulley on, so I went to the local hardware store and got some stainless bolts. That way they'll stay nice and shiny for years to come :)

They also had a selection of studs (not stainless, though), if you want to go that route - if a small store up here has them, I gotta figure that most hardware stores will have some, as well.

If you want to reuse your studs, so you need to remove them without damage, you can put a pair of nuts on, and tighten them against each other. Then put a wrench on the nut closer to the pump and twist the stud out (the other nut should keep that nut from turning).

Joe

Guess someone posted at the same time I was typing :)

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom