Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Am I a lead foot?

I'm pretty sure this is it...

techron.jpg
One more thing Sharon, when you buy this stuff, get the one for a 20 gallon tank, not a 12 gallon tank. If you can't find the 20, then just don't fill the car up all of the way. It may take several treatments if you're really crudded up. And as a bonus, if you every get the fuel gauge glich that some of us have encountered, this stuff cures that too.

I think Paul recommended every 2500 miles, but I do it once a month now. It's a very inexpesive bit of prevention.

- Eric:w

One more thing Sharon, when you buy this stuff, get the one for a 20 gallon tank, not a 12 gallon tank. If you can't find the 20, then just don't fill the car up all of the way. It may take several treatments if you're really crudded up. And as a bonus, if you every get the fuel gauge glich that some of us have encountered, this stuff cures that too.

I think Paul recommended every 2500 miles, but I do it once a month now. It's a very inexpesive bit of prevention.

- Eric:w
While we're waiting for Sharon's test results, I got a bottle of Techron for my Vette before I put it away for the season. WOW!!! What a noticable difference in smoothness, power, and general performance!
I have heard you guys talk about it for years now, but I finally found some to try. I'm glad I did.:)

Techron is GOOD stuff! I've used it on some older cars and it works! Fixed the problems on my old 93 Civic, my 98 Sunfire and the 00 Camaro. Haven't needed it on my 01 vette, yet...
It's also an A4, I'll time the kickdown time tomorrow on the way to work and see how quick it kicks down and grabs a gear. I don't remember it being that bad. I've kicked it and broke the rear end loose before...
Guess I have a lead foot too!!!
STW,
Dave

Well, have ya found anything out about ur tranny?

Don't laugh, aw go ahead, I haven't had a chance lately to open her up. Taking her to work has no opportunities to really go due to traffic and this weekend was a big blur. Was on the floor on ice yesterday due to my back.

I promise I am going to get some more accurate analysis.

Thanks for the help.

I did some testing on my '01 A4 Coupe w/ 3.15 today, just for grins....
35 mph, punched it and in less than 1.5 secs it had kicked down and the back end broke loose a little on asphalt. 45 mph, punched it and about 1 sec later is was zooming past all the SUVs and mustangs. Those are all with the TC turned on. So, if your's is taking longer than that then there may be a problem. I have right at 50,000 on mine and I did a BG Products transmission flush at about 48,000.

Eric, I'm planning to change my trans fluid one of these days and I saw your post about using Mobil one. I didnt realize they made synthetic tranny fluid. Is there a particular weight like with oil. Mine is an automatic. I also want to do the punkin. What would you use in that? Thanks.

A transmission fluid flush is fine, however, NEVER NEVER NEVER use additives in an automatic transmission like the BG chemical system.
GM does NOT authorize or endorse these products.
If it was necessary, then it would be in the owners manual.
Allthebest,:bang

A transmission fluid flush is fine, however, NEVER NEVER NEVER use additives in an automatic transmission like the BG chemical system.
GM does NOT authorize or endorse these products.
If it was necessary, then it would be in the owners manual.
Allthebest,:bang
Thats a Big 10/4 there Paul!!!! that stuff can sometimes do more Harm than Good down the road!!!! Ya gotta ask yourself,"Are you Feeling Lucky"!!:upthumbs

junk!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom