Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Angle Plug Cylider Heads

KTM

Corvette
1967 Convertible
I have in my ´65 Vette cast iron angle plug cylinder heads. Does anybody know the size of valves and combustion chambers? I found part # 4011084 and date L075. I think date means 12.7.85? Engine was built in 1986 by one local shop.

I bought a pair of the angle plug heads back in 1973 . I used the valves from my stock Z-28 heads , which were 202's . I changed them due to the compression ratio drop in 1972 . The stock heads had a 75 cc chamber and the angle plug heads had 65cc . It was said back then to raise compression from 9:1 to 10.5:1 .These were service package only parts but I don't know the P/N s. Hope this helps . Cliff

Cliff, I found that sort of info, but accurate knolege is needed. Part number is little bit strange. You bought very first model angle plug heads? Was 1973 first year for those heads and last but not least were those heads so called "raised runners"?

Thank you Cliff, it is allways nice to hear this kind of things :)

KTM

Sorry KTM , i don't have any answers for your questions . I'm not familiar with the "raised Runners" you refer to . I'd guess those were the first of the angle plug heads though . They were supposed to have been developed for road racing . Does KTM refer to a motorcycle ?

Raised runners should be from few last years production? Or many has said that way. There is lots of open questions and tales of these heads.

No KTM does not refer to motorcycle, those are my name initials.

KTM,

1973 was not the first year for angle plug heads,I've got a set of 492 angle plug heads dated sometime in 1969, there maybe some even earlier.

I've got the Fastburn crate motor which has the angle plug fastburn heads and the raised runners , again I don't know when they came out but they haven't been around all that long.

As far as the size of your valves, I'm not positive but I think you'd have to pull the heads and check them. I don't think the casting numbers actually tell you which valves are in them. again I'm not positiveabout this.

Rick

Rick,

I think you are right. This number witch I found does not lead anywhere. I have heard stories about different casting number and actual number witch GM used when they sold cylinder heads. Best thing is that engine works fine and is quite powerfull (0-60 mph 5.6s and 1/4 mile 13.8s with 235/60-15 street tires).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom