Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another 53 Born Again!

53 Blue Flame

Well, I finally finished this one up today. It is a late vin and was in aweful shape before the frame off restoration began. I have an early 53 painted and ready for assembly to be completed by the end of the month...hopefully. Probably mid May.

Here's the late vin 53 being delivered tomorrow.
servhc.jpg

1zv9zd5.jpg

2qlv0cg.jpg

2juw7d.jpg

2ueha1w.jpg

Can't wait to begin on 1988 ZR1 EX5023 later this year!

WOW! That thing is BEAUTIFUL. It's sure to make the "new owner" happy.
Andy

Very nice. :thumb

I don't suppose you could deliver to me by mistake, could you?

looks great, NICE JOB!!!!
billy

I helped Brett deliver this car and WOW was it nice. His work is Top Flight and Bloomington Gold Quality. The owner of this car was thrilled when he saw it. He has 8 1953 Corvettes and this was the best one he had. No I will not tell his name or where he is located. We did bring back a 55 Corvette for Brett to do for him also. Brett had better hurry he has more 53 Corvettes to restor for this guy. He is buying them faster they Brett can restore them.

Simply gorgeous. But I am curious about the exterior paint, do you still use lacquer, or is it even available anymore?

Jim

I prefer base coat/clear coat. I am getting ready to do a 55 #008 in lacquer though.

Looks like you did a great job on the 53. The gauges on the dash really sparkle. I'm sure the new owner will enjoy all your hard work.

Thanks for the kind words, Jim.

I'll have another 53 completed sometime in May with more pics to post. Just waiting on the engine rebuild so I can mate the body to the chassis and finish final assembly.

After that, I have 1955 #008 to paint and assemble. The chassis is already complete.

Thanks for the help with my Morrison #99 entry in the Corvette Race Car Registry last month. Wayne got it corrected.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom