Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another 700R4 bites the dust

tntcorvette

Was driving to my office, minding my own business and the car wont shift out of 1st or 2nd at times. Sometimes it will, sometimes it wont. Turned around and put the car back in the garage.

So I take it the 700R4 is toast, again.

Im totally ****ed.

Now im looking at 3 options:

1. Get another 700R4
2. Put in a ZF-6 speed
3. Sell the car.

Seriously considering option 3.

But i'll remain positive and see what happens.

The transmission should be rebuildable. I took my 82 700r4 to Turbo Terry south of Chicago, he was near the old Candlelight Theater. Quality job

well i did some search on the web and it could be either a bad governor, valve body or shot transmission.

the car has about ~88K on the odometer, the trans has about 11K on it, motor about 3K miles, suspension/drivetrain about ~10K on it.

The transmission should be rebuildable. I took my 82 700r4 to Turbo Terry south of Chicago, he was near the old Candlelight Theater. Quality job

where is turbo terry located? I do not know how to work on a trans, hopefully it is something minor.

Well it looks like it is the governor. I'll be ordering one today and should be here hopefully be the end of the week. About a $50 part.

Whoo-Hooo!!!!!!!

With only 11k on a rebuilt trans, I'd be talking to the place that did the rebuild. :mad

the place that rebuilt the trans is outta business, plus i've had two motors in the car, both past 400 hp so the governer is no big deal.

Turbo Terry Transmissions
6145 S Oak Park Ave
Chicago, IL 60638-4073
(773) 586-1065

im going to pull the governor and have it fixed at a local trans shop. Seems pretty easy to pop out with a screw driver. I'll also take this time to put in a new filter and change the trans fluid.

As long as the trans continues to work im happy!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom