Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another A/C Question

Corvette
1986 "Bright Red" Coupe
I am recharging my A/C system after completely replacing the entire system. I have vacummed the system down and it holds vacuum for over 24 hours with no movement on the gage so I assume I have a tight system. My question is, the temperature in my garage is only around 40 deg F, is this warm enough to pull any moisture that may be in the system out completely, or should I wait until the warm weather arrives here to finally vacuum and fully recharge the system.

Thanks NYERNGA, you've helped me out with this project all along the way. I did pull a double vacuum. The first time the gage dropped one line after about 2 hours or so, maybe I had some moisture in there. The second vacuum has been holding steady for 24+ hours now. I'm going to leave the gage on there for a few days, heck I can't drive it anywhere up here right now, winter is still going on outside. Any advantage to vacuuming the system more than 2 times, I won't be driving it for at least another month so I have plenty of time. I was going to fill it with a half can of R134 refrigerent and then vacuum again to maybe help absorb the last bits of moisture, is this a good idea?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom