Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another Active Handling Question

I doubt that they have based on the look on their faces. The nearest Corvette super center is in Columbus, OH about three hours from where I am. But I'm told that the head tech who is doing my repair has worked on many Vettes and has many years with GM. Anyway, They didn't have the module in stock and said it would be a few days before they had it so rather than to leave the car sit in their lot I went and brought it back home until we can schedule it back in. The symptoms have now gotten more pronounced with the "active handling" notification coming on in the DIC frequently and the brakes pulsing also but only for an instant. I would really like to get this resolved because I really love this car, even more than our '07 Z51...Guess I'll give 'em another try.

ICOMP

I dont care how much experience you have or how much you know.
There is NO justification for charging time for simply driving it and nothing else.
Fact is, if the code occurred in the last 50 ignition cycles, the code will be stored, plain and simple.
And YES, you have every right to request an adjustment.
Allthebest, c4c5

There is NO justification for charging time for simply driving it and nothing else.
Fact is, if the code occurred in the last 50 ignition cycles, the code will be stored, plain and simple.
Allthebest, c4c5

Thanks for your responses. It helps to have a little advance knowledge in matters such as this. I'll let you know how it all works out...

Icomp

Allthebest, c4c5

The dealership diagnosed the problem as a bad rate sensor as I had told them on the first trip. This time they replaced the part. Thy called and quoted me $442 and since it was sort of what I expected I gave the go ahead. Got the car back the other day and was very dissapointed at the service manager's explanation as to why they would not adjust the bill for the first repair. It seems that they charge for any diagnosis and subsequent work whether it fixes the problem or not. Too bad I couldn't have done that in my line of work. I'd be a rich son of a gun. Needless to say I won't be back to this dealership. The good news is so far no problems with the TCS...Thanks again for your insights...

Icomp

c1287

if i have read all the posts on this, the stearing rate sensor will fix the problem...... right

c1287

i just my car back from the dealer. had the steering sensor changed. to my surprise it was only 307$ (parts and labor:thumb). so far so good

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom