Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another B2k for sale

So why don't you bid on it?...

Instead of alerting the rest of the world to it? :confused

Why not alert the rest of the world about it? Maybe there are Callaway owners here that would like to know about this opportunity or prospective owners who are monitoring this forum and would like to know about it?

why I haven't bid....

I have already called the owner, if the reserve isn't met on the car then he and I will begin dealing. I want to see a car of this caliber before I buy. If it doesn't sell, Im going to make an offer pending my approval of the car. I will then fly out and check it out.

This car is a little cheaper than the #15 car which I have been focused on for a while. It has a weird history though. The hood as been replaced from a light hit(ie no alignment work or anything) and was repainted at that time. It has also been repo'd by the police dept and used by the DARE program for a couple of years. It has no documentation but is very clean according to the owner. If I get this car for my price this I could possibly afford to put Aero on it as well.

We'll see what happens after the auction, Callaways haven't been particularly strong movers on ebay.

Think about it...

Rob said:
Why not alert the rest of the world about it? Maybe there are Callaway owners here that would like to know about this opportunity or prospective owners who are monitoring this forum and would like to know about it?

No offense Rob... but if I had my eye on a car for purchase I sure as heck wouldn't post it to the world so they'd compete with me on the purchase price.... That's why.

are you kidding?

Are you kidding me a car that was a repoed? Why are cars repoed Because people cant afford to pay for them.So do you think they paid to have the car properly maintained. Also do you think that police cars are well maintained ? The answer is no they use rad fuel 86 octane. and I doubt they bought mobil one for the oil changes. .Sorry to be harsh but if you are going to spend good money get a car that has a good past . How many different people drove that car that knew how it was to be driven allowing the oil temp to reach 165 degrees.I have personally seen how cars are treated when they are confiscated by the police . and a car as fine as a callaway I would be very leary of buying it. My advise to you is get a car that has been maintained well. If you work as hard as I do for my money you would want to spend it wisley. I only wish the best for you . I dont want to see you buy a car that you will have to work your ass off just to pay for the repairs Just a little friendly advise. Pete

Re: Think about it...

90Callaway said:

No offense Rob... but if I had my eye on a car for purchase I sure as heck wouldn't post it to the world so they'd compete with me on the purchase price.... That's why.

True, but where in his original post at the beginning of this thread does he state that he is going to bid on it? He doesn't, he just simply states:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=1836239556

Nice looking car.

Surf...I you're really serious about buying a car, especially a Corvette, I would highly recommend you get an OilFax report done on it. $35 and you'll know how the engine parts are wearing. There's no better way other than tearing it down.

www.oilfax.com

I tried it and liked my report...it showed little wear for the # of miles but a little high on silicon...probably from gasket sealant 'cause I had my intake man pulled and resealed. I get absolutely nothing out of telling you about this but the business is owned by my cousin. Just want you to know that up front. I even paid for my report. Without a doubt I will use this service whenever I buy a used car in the future.

Thanks......Ive never heard of oilfax before.

If I end up getting the #15 car, its going to LPE for a dyno and inspection.

Re: Re: Think about it...

Rob said:

True, but where in his original post at the beginning of this thread does he state that he is going to bid on it? He doesn't, he just simply states:

You are correct. I knew he was looking at the car, you did not. My reply was directed to him... no big deal. :beer

SurfnSun said:
Thanks......Ive never heard of oilfax before.

If I end up getting the #15 car, its going to LPE for a dyno and inspection.

Why LPE for that?

Re: why I haven't bid....

SurfnSun said:
It has a weird history though. . It has also been repo'd by the police dept and used by the DARE program for a couple of years. It has no documentation but is very clean according to the owner.

I bet THAT is a story in itself... Man what are the details on that??? What is the Callaway # for it?

*89x2* said:

Why LPE for that?

B/c they are very close to the car, and who better to check it out? :) I only want to use them to establish a baseline dyno to make sure the car is running good before I purchase, and also once over everything to make sure my trip back to FL will be without incident.

Re: Re: why I haven't bid....

*89x2* said:

I bet THAT is a story in itself... Man what are the details on that??? What is the Callaway # for it?

The car was originally leased. After it was turned back in, it fell to the hands of a drug dealer. He was caught and sent to prison, the cops ended up with his car. Story goes he kept trying to buy the car back from the police while he was on the inside, but they wouldn't sell. The car was then fitted with a lightbar and the usual DARE paint job. It was driven around to the schools then.

Two years later it was sold to the next guy, apparently the car then took a light hit that broke the hood. Ten finally to the current owner, he had a new hood built for the car and then had the whole thing repainted. He has owned it for 7 yrs I think. He's put about 12k miles on it.

He does have documentation from the time it was a DARE car(pics etc) but doesn't have any of the original window stickers etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom