Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another New Forum Member....

D

dickgoode

I just want to introduce myself as another new member to this EXCELLENT Corvette forum !
I have owned Corvettes for nearly 40 years - back in 1971 I purchased a 1965 Rally Red Convertible
with fuel injection and I kept it for some 30 years, selling it to a West Coast collector who did a
magnificent off frame restoration. It now wins awards whenever shown. So glad to see the care
he has bestowed on it !
Later I bought a 1995 deep purple Corvette Convertible that I so enjoyed the creature comforts of.
Had to sell it in 2001, but just this week bought a 1995 white convertible with white soft top and
red interior. This car came without the usual PKE passive remote that I so enjoyed using with my
earlier 1995 Corvette.

Is it true that the PKE remotes available today through Chevrolet dealers, or at lower prices
on ebay, truly have THE passive feature WHEREBY JUST WALKING TOWARD the car unlocks
its doors, and walking away from the car locks the doors and sets the alarm system ?
I ask this question because someone told me the PKE remotes available today lack this passive
feature, and only permit locking and unlocking the doors by manually pressing buttons on the
remote ? Can someone please clarify this situation. Many thanks, Dick

Dick,

I can't answer your question, but wanted to welcome you to the Corvette Action Center! :w

Thanks Rob !

Dick,

I can't answer your question, but wanted to welcome you to the Corvette Action Center! :w

Dear Rob ---

Thanks to YOU for your warm welcome and congrats on managing a beautiful website....

Dick

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

I do not have an answer to your question either but want to welcome you aboard :happyanim: I am sure someone will chime in to help you soon!
-Bill

Welcome to the :CAC

I just installed a remote start on my Vibe, but it is not a "passive" system. I have to push the lock and un-lock buttons. I don't know if they offer a passive system.

Welcome to the group.

Welcome to CAC

From my (1997) manual:

""You can turn on the passive feature by moving the transmitter’s slider switch to ON. Now, when you move toward your vehicle with the key fob transmitter, the system will automatically disarm your theft-deterrent system and unlock the driver’s door or both depending on how the system is programmed. If it’s dark enough outside, your
interior lamps will come on."

Check your manual..

Welcome to the Forum Dick. :w

Welcome to CAC!!
enjoy!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom