Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another Newbie

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
Hi! We're John and Karen from Charles Town, West "by God" Virginia. We're kinda in the sticks (25 acres on the Shendoah River) but only 90 minutes from Washington DC. We're both retired though barely 50. John was getting tired of working around the property all the time so bought a 84 Corvette project car. Our other cars/trucks/bikes and boats include a 350Z, Dodge Dakota 4x4, 67 International Dump truck (for sale), two Harleys, two 4x4 ATVs, a jet boat, canoes and a Kubota tractor. We (John) likes our wheels!

When we get the driveway paved this summer, we want to have a meet and greet out here as its very beautiful, on the river, and a great drive out here.

The Corvette runs great but needs some small things for inspection and then cosmetic, maintenance items, eventually a paint job. Right now, we're the only ones in town with a red Corvette "beater"!

This forum will be a valuble resource for needed repairs and soicializing. We tried hanging with the Z crowd (too young) but got the Corvette so we could start playing with people our own age... Nuff said

John and Karen,
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!
25 acres on the Shenandoah River sounds sweet! :upthumbs

Keep us posted on the 84 project.

Tammy

Thasnks! We actually had a 71 coupe back in the day. Then came marrage, kids, houses and gone were boats, sports cars, parties. We're back and looking foward to our first event, the all Corvette race in Richmond this February!

Welcome from Indiana, CAC is a great place for help and meeting new people.

A big welcome from Kansas. Sounds like you have the perfect place for a get-together....wish it were closer.

Welcome to CAC!!!
good luck with the 84 and enjoy the forums!!!!!:CAC

John and Karen,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center! And welcome back to the Corvette fold!

Here's a link to the 1984 Model Center in case you've not come across it yet. It may help while you're working on your project and at the very least will have some interesting facts about your model Vette.

Enjoy your project and the forums.
:w Jane Ann

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER John & Karen, glad to have you both aboard. Sounds like 25 acres of God's country there you have. Been through West "By God" Virginia a number of times; beatiful there for sure. You will not find a better internet site for Corvettes then here. Lot of nice people, lot of combined knowledge. I have prsonally met a number of them over the years.:beer

I know you will love it here. I not only want to see a picture of your Vette but your property there in W.V.

Take care,
Bill :w

Drove her today and she runs good although not real fast. Got home and put it up on blocks so I can srart going ovrer (under it). Two things jump out out at me. 1) brakes and 2) the right rear wheel has play in it (wheel bearing?), makes noise (U joint?). I'm looking foward to getting into (under) it tomorrow. Thanks for all the support.

Drove her today and she runs good although not real fast. Got home and put it up on blocks so I can srart going ovrer (under it). Two things jump out out at me. 1) brakes and 2) the right rear wheel has play in it (wheel bearing?), makes noise (U joint?). I'm looking foward to getting into (under) it tomorrow. Thanks for all the support.

Stay in touch, post some pictures of your ride when you get the chance.

Bill :w

:beer Welcome from Harrison Ohio.Sounds like a nice place.Good luck with your project,lots of info at the CAC.

Karen and John,

Let me add another warm welcome! Like several have already said, you're sure to find tons of information here...and a lot of great people!:)

Elaine

Thanks again for all the warm wishes. Sounds like a bunch of great people here. Does anyone know of a Covette club in the Nothern Virginia - West Virginia panhadle area?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom