Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Another question

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

junkyardjohn

Corvette
2010 grand sport covert. blue
While storing a 2010 grand sport in a heated garage ( 45 degrees in the winter) on a cement floor how much air presure in the tires to keep them from getting a flat spot, that won't cause damage to the sensor or whatever? I presently keep them at 40psi.

:upthumbs

Air pressure won't keep them from flat spotting. The more air, the less they will flatten, but they will get flat. You could get tire cradles from one of the ads in magazines. I've heard they help a lot. You could also move the car forward or backward about 18 inches every five days, or so.

I've store my 3 vettes every year for 5 to 6 months; I bring the air pressure to 36 psi. Never had a problem with the tires getting a flat spot. My garage is heated, cement floor, keep it about 55 degrees, and don't move them at all. But Catbert's advice is solid.
Barrett

Nitrogen???

You may want to consider nitrogen if it's available for free, i would not pay for it. Some dealers do offer it as a "free" item on some of their services. Nitrogen will not change mass like regular air does based on the outside temperature fluctuations. also being "thicker" in mass than air, does not leak as easy, unless you have a really bad leak. I would not pay for it though.

capital idea,

You may want to consider nitrogen if it's available for free, i would not pay for it. Some dealers do offer it as a "free" item on some of their services. Nitrogen will not change mass like regular air does based on the outside temperature fluctuations. also being "thicker" in mass than air, does not leak as easy, unless you have a really bad leak. I would not pay for it though.

This is a great idea. I always wanted to do this, the only thing that kept me from doing this was buying a machine/pump to do it. This and the iidea of moving the car backwards for a week or so then forward 18''
Both great ideas.:cool!:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom