Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another theft

gmhowe

Corvette
1985 4+3 black cpe & 96 LT1 CE
went out today and some a-hole stole my hood vette emblem, is nothing sacred. so that makes the emblem and my spare tire that have been stolen from my car. what a world we live in

Dirty rotten so and so's. People that have no respect for somebody elses property and/or don't want to do the work to be able to buy their own property are the lowest forms of life.

sorry to hear that

the other bad thing is now some ricer prob got it on his car
thinking it makes some ricer look cool

I thought the days of wearing "hood emblems" around your neck went away a long time ago. I know my mother-in-laws gold cadillac hood ornament used to disappear all the time.

Please tell me they didn't damage the paint prying it off! :ugh

The previous owner of mine used the 3M tape backing to keep his emblems on. When I went to replace them (the silver flaked off the front and the back was broken around the gas door handle) it took some serious effort to get those suckers free. I'm not incredibly fond of sticking anything to my vette, but it really did prevent easy removal. If it becomes a bigger issue, it may be something to consider.

Paint is ok but you can definetly see where the rivets were. Dealer has one for $30 cheaper then Mid America who wants $35 plus shipping

I'm just curious why the "stock alarm" didn't go off, unless its dead

That's a shame. I know what it's like to have stuff stolen. Who steals an emblem let alone a spare tire? Poeple like that just make me disappointed :mad Sometimes you just want to find them and :r lol. Well I hope nothing else is stolen from your vette. I am sure you take very good care of it and want to keep it looking good. Seems like you can't have anything nice anymore...

paulie said:
That's a shame. I know what it's like to have stuff stolen. Who steals an emblem let alone a spare tire? Poeple like that just make me disappointed :mad Sometimes you just want to find them and :r lol. Well I hope nothing else is stolen from your vette. I am sure you take very good care of it and want to keep it looking good. Seems like you can't have anything nice anymore...

I know I was ****ed when my chrome valve stem caps were gone.... but seems I've had more done to my daily driver then the vette..

my ram charger had the mirror smashed infront of myhouse and the ram stolen off it.. the rams head was only stolen 1 time since I have owned it.. the previous and original owner had it stolen 3 or 4 times since it was new.. I have no Idea why people want to steal a ram hood orniment??? I would think the vette would be a bigger target more of a challange ooh ahh I have a vette emblem LoL..

Sorry to hear some jerk messed with and took a part of your car that is BS people should not mess with things that don't belong to them..
-=Rick

The dealer has one for $30.00, guess ill go there.

Thats too bad guy!! Well who ever did the deed...will most certainly pay somewhere down the line...chances are they are a dirt merchant all around!!!

Boy ...I wish someone would steal my hood ornament...I bought a new one and can't..for the life of me figure out how to remove it???? Also the new one which I got from GM comes with no instructions...no clips, nuts or adhesive...just the two tapered studs!!! WTF????:confused Don't mean to hijack your thread...but it's just got me wondering...afraid to mess up my paint!!!

gmhowe said:
I'm just curious why the "stock alarm" didn't go off, unless its dead

I don't think the stock anti-theft device will activate from vibrations created from someone taking the emblem off of your front bumper.

Sorry about your emblem and tire. Glad there wasn't any paint damage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom