Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Antenna Problem

Z

Zora1

The other day my attenna didn't want to go down all the way, so I push on the top while the antenna motor was still running. It did go down, but now it dosen't go up all the way. I lubricated it with some WD-40, but it still doesn't go up correctly! Any ideas??:confused

Not sure what the problem could be, maybe by forcing it a bit it got out of whack? (i know, I am extra technical today!) WD-40 is not the best to use on antenna's... after awhile WD-40 gums up, and actually makes things worse in the long run.... I have used slick 50's 1 lube with pretty good success, I think GM says to just clean the mast with mineral spirits... I am not sure what is best, but hope this helps

I had the same problem. I think the cable is shot. Bad news if thats the original "84 the whole unit must come out to replace cable. The '88 and up uses different type.
I just ordered parts, I will be doing it soon.
Barrrier :)

GM Reccomendations

The mineral spirits deal really works well. The antenna likes to be as clean as it can be. I wouldn't give up on your's until I clean it spotless and you still have trouble. Had to use pliers to get my antenna to be all it could be, then shine 'er up.

If U get it working OK...try adding a switch (under $5) so if u use the cassette or cd the mast doesnt constantly go up and down needlessly.

Schematics 4 ALL C4's are at our site under "Customised" then "Radio"
:w

If U get it working OK...try adding a switch so if u use the cassette or cd if you've upgraded the mast doesnt constantly go up and down.

Schematics 4 ALL C4's are at our site under "Customised" then "Radio"
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom