Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

anti theft alarm

pizza3260

Corvette
73 350 coupe
i am working on my 73 stock alarm system, the 3 switches are working & new horn in place above left rear wheel, when i put the switch on i here a clicking coming from the center of car & alarm does not come on.need help. is it the relay or flasher located in the center consol.

tom

alarm

The relay and flasher assembly on my 76 is mounted in the jack compartment on the right hand side toward the middle.

found the problem, put in REGULAR D NOTE HORN, RE-GROUNDED, WORKS FINE,WITH THE ALARM ARMED IF YOU OPEN L/R DOOR OR THE HOOD THE ALARM WILL SOUND.

TOM

Good information, I want to get my alarm working and have heard that the horn was a constant problem. You refer to "regular D note horn" what is that? Are you talking about the type of horn used in the front? The plunger on the rear post of my drivers door is missing but the interior light still comes on when you open the door. I think this is operated by the plunger on the front door post. Do you know which one activates the alarm? I believe everything else is in place.
Thanks,
Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom