Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ANTI-THEFT for C4

Ganey

Corvette
385 CI 77 CORVETTE FE-7 Hi-Perf Sus.
^

Corvettes already come with an anti theft kill switch...it comes with the Theft Deterent System.

Wanna guess why those that are serious about anti-theft want more than the stock system?

One way they beat the factory deterrant system is to punch a hole in the battery, thru the side vent, walk away while the acid drains, then steal the car which would have no electrical power. Some owners installed hidden backup batteries; others used a plate to protect the battery from such an attack. My '84 was safe at the LAX parking lot for a dozen years with only the factory system.

I have no wiring details on the unit shown, but removing power from the ECM erases its learning, which may degrade running. The ECM fine tunes the engine fuel and spark delivery, based upon actual conditions, while striving to attain optimum burn.

I made a kill switch for a Suburban which did this and had no noticeable running problems, save when one of us drivers forgot it was off and the damn thing wouldn't start! DUH!!

Now, I turn the wheel, set the parking brake and lock it all, while parking with he drive (rear) wheels unavailable to tow vehicles.

:w mike:v

I used that shield for years Mike, but now that I've relocated my battery I no longer have use for it, so I gave it away.

That's not what caused me to respond here though, it was your comment about parking the vehicle with the drive wheels inaccessible to tow trucks. That's no deterent - they'll just drag it away until there is room to lift it from the desired end.

Have you seen the reposession guys when they snatch a vehicle back? A lot of the cars are front-wheel drive, and people have a tendency to pull into their driveways with the front end first. Now they (the tow truck) has to pick the vehicle up from the rear and drag it until he can hook it from the front.

What gets me is the fact that they are so quiet about it. Most people don't even hear their vehicle being taken.

Bottom line still is the old adage of "If they want it, they'll get it." No alarm is failsafe.

Yes, an alarm does not do much unless it summons
the owner w/ a gun or guns.

:cool

:r
:r

Not that Bad!!!!!!!

If somebody does steal my vette, l would cry until l picked up my local newspaper and went through the classified and pick up a C5.

Now that was easy and painless!!!!

Alan

p.s. If a pro wants your car it's gone period. The only problem is an amatuer who steals your vette and trashes it. That is a major problem.

The best anti theft system is a Smith & Wesson.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom