Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Antifreeze

R

Rich80

Geeting cold! Make sure the antifreeze is correct in the radiator!:beer

Funny u should post this...2 Fridays ago when the temps hit around 10 I found my hose n t-stat housing froze when I went to crank her over in the morning....I was down for a week till she finally thawed out...Trying 2 help cool my big block we had mostley water with a couple bottles of water wetter in her n since we just had the warmest winter on record in the last 130 years to that point I was caught off gaurd when the temps took that dive.....Fortunately no damage was reported......Jerrylee///

Man, you have that right. Temp is -7 here in northern Michigan this morning. Glad i checked cars out early for anti freeze readings. :w

:pat

jerrylee, you one lucky guy to not have damage. Why on earth would you not have any antifreeze in your car? :bash Just by the very definition of the name you know what its purpose it. I know that some have had cooling issues but I don't believe that Water Wetter is a stand alone product. Isn't it designed to be used in conjunction with antifreeze? Especially when you live in NY where it is da$# cold right now.

Slightly off topic, but have you resolved your cooling issues? What are you doing or have done to return things to normal?

Gary

Hello Gary...I just came from my mechanics n he said I was real lucky because I blew a freeze plug.......No other trouble was found...So he drained the system cleaned everything n put everything back...Filled herwith 50/50......No more water.......I was originally told that water will help cool the big block better so that's why I went that route.....So add 2 that the fact that the weather has been so warm I got caught off guard n was taken by surprise when the unusualy warm winter decieded 2 take a dive.....We went from high 30's-low 40's to 9 with a wind chill below zero....I also forgot 2 add that my tranny went on my Impala which also forced me to take my shark 2 work............So all is back 2 normal now....Jerrylee///

Well ya know luck isnt all that bad of a thing as long as it's mostly good.I guess we all forget those little things in life.Hang in there my count down shows 55 days till April 1st.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom