Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any 5.7 LT1s in the 400RWHP club

aboatguy

Corvette
AI head/cam/intake, Vig converter, D44, EM LTs etc
Does anybody on this site have a stock lower end LT1 that is putting down around 400 RWHP. So if your car is putting down 380RWHP and up I want to hear from you.

What are your mods: ie
Head/Cam package are you running.
fuel injectors
Throttle body
Headers
Gears

You name it.

Thanks

Mike

This is actually a very common question among Z-28 and Firebird owners. There are various ways of doing it and price is always a consideration. The other factor that is always mentioned is the driveability, at least if you have a 6-speed. From what I hear, driving it daily in traffic is not always a joy, but to some, it is the most fun and they wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd like to hear some responses myself. By the way Mike, how much snow is on the ground currently?

Ripp 76 said:
This is actually a very common question among Z-28 and Firebird owners. There are various ways of doing it and price is always a consideration. The other factor that is always mentioned is the driveability, at least if you have a 6-speed. From what I hear, driving it daily in traffic is not always a joy, but to some, it is the most fun and they wouldn't trade it for the world. I'd like to hear some responses myself. By the way Mike, how much snow is on the ground currently?

I know how to get the power and have most of the parts (by hanging on F-body boards) I have noticed that many C4 owners seem happy with anemic stock performance and was looking for like minded Corvette guys/girls.

I will be good to go at 400+RWHP with my A4, I have a locking stall converter on the way, and I am building what would be a 420+RWHP package if I had an M6.

As for snow; there is none on the streets around here, however, there is still snow in the shady areas. Maybe the added HP and the stall will make driving in the snow a little challenging.

Mike

Probably and I know this from personal knowledge....people that tend to old vettes are older then the "street racing crew" so the cars tend to be less modded. I am the only teenager in my area with a vette, but then again there are more teenagers that own Fbody's then young teenagers like myself.

Vettefan87 said:
Probably and I know this from personal knowledge....people that tend to old vettes are older then the "street racing crew" so the cars tend to be less modded. I am the only teenager in my area with a vette, but then again there are more teenagers that own Fbody's then young teenagers like myself.

Yep, that's one of the things that killed off the F-body, guys like that were driving insurance costs way up.

I do believe the stock 48mm throttle body and injectors are capable of handing a 350 motor, even one that will put 400 down to the rear wheels.

Edmond said:
Yep, that's one of the things that killed off the F-body, guys like that were driving insurance costs way up.

I do believe the stock 48mm throttle body and injectors are capable of handing a 350 motor, even one that will put 400 down to the rear wheels.

That is not what killed the f-body off. By you logic Ford would have killed the Mustang. GM in its wisdom wanted an entirely Front wheel drive line up for cars and wanted to use the Fbody production line for urban assault vehicles. Now they are thinking about bringing the F-body back.

Damn this thread sure got off topic fast.

Off Topic? Never!!!

aboatguy said:

;shrug Sorry about that Mike. Lets see if we can't get back on topic.

Here are a couple of specs on Cams

Cam specs
Cam----INT / EXT
Stock LT1---202@ .450/ 207 @ .450 (1.5RR)--- 117 LSA
Stock LT4--- 203@ .476/ 210@ .480 (1.6RR)--- 115 LSA

GM Performance Parts
LT4 Hot Cam --- 218@ .525/ 228@ .525 (1.6RR)--- 112 LSA --- 1800-5800 RPM
GM12370847 --- 234@ .539/ 242@ .558 (1.5RR)--- 112 LSA --- 2000-6800
GM12730846 --- 220@ .509/ 230@ .528 (1.5RR)--- 112 LSA --- 1800-5800

Hope we can get back on topic for you.

aboatguy said:

That was not my intent at all, I was just attempting to answer your question. A lot of people do the LT4 upgrade, but if you are going to go through that much work, I would mod my car more then just to LT4 specs...

Vettefan87 said:
That was not my intent at all, I was just attempting to answer your question. A lot of people do the LT4 upgrade, but if you are going to go through that much work, I would mod my car more then just to LT4 specs...

The LT4 conversion with hotcam is not even in the same area code as 400RWHP its a solid 400CHP with the auxilary mods listed in the small print, mainly LT headers and a good tune.

Mike

aboatguy said:
The LT4 conversion with hotcam is not even in the same area code as 400RWHP its a solid 400CHP with the auxilary mods listed in the small print, mainly LT headers and a good tune.

I don't believe that real street racers ever grow out of it. When I was in high school some of the fastest guys were old guys.

I may not be a street racer, but my car never sees a track!

Mike

I never said that the LT4 package would put down 400RWHP.

Have you ruled out stroking it?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom