Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: any advice would be appreciated

windell1967

I am picking up my 81 Corvette today that I purchased on Craigslist it has 27,000 original miles and the interior is very clean, seats look almost new and all the documentation I can find on the internet shows the car to be correct at 27,000 miles my question is what things would you guys recommend that I look for that could be problem areas in this 81 Corvette thanks for your help:cool!:

Well, It is a 34 year old car, made when the quality of american cars had a lot to be desired!. So it will probably leak, drip, ooze, smoke, smell, shutter vibrate, rattle, and be too noisy to have a normal conversation -- GOD I LOVE THAT CAR!!!!!:happyanim:

Seriously, change the fluids and if it runs well, Accelerates without hesitation, starts in cold weather, no unusual sounds or vibrations, all the knobs and switches work, enjoy your car !!!!. If something does go wrong, there are a great group of guys on here that can help you .

Some things you might look for -- Does the ECM work and throw any codes. Is there any rust on the birdcage?

thanks Wajulia

the car cranks right up doesn't smoke no leaks no rust, ttop and all the rubber on the door seals and T tops are in great condition the only thing it appears to need is paint I think I found a pretty good car for only $7,500 That has less than 30,000 miles all original never molested.😆

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom