Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any problems with Crossfire on an '82?

G

GPRocket

Just wondering if there are any problems with the crossfire on an '82 Vette or am I better off with a carbureted '81?

GPRocket said:
Just wondering if there are any problems with the crossfire on an '82 Vette or am I better off with a carbureted '81?

Personaly I would rather have the 82 Crossfire then the computer controled carb of the 81. Now the 80 is non-computer so would be easier to work on.

There have been a lot of questions about the performance of the Crossfire and how to increase the power. Big problem seems to be the intake is restrictive. But as far as "problems", nope, none other than would you would find in any 20 year old car.

tom...

My usual reply to this question . . . the x-fire has gotten a bad rap--in my opinion. Sure, there isn't a whole lot of performance mods you can make, but being the last of the C3's (82), I think it's the best example of the "old and new" combination. My Crossfire runs just fine--no problems at all.

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it."

I love my 82 since it was the last of it's kind. No Crossfire problems here.

-Guy

Agreed:beer

The cross-fire has gotten a bad rap and as the members say, it's the last of it's kind. Imagine if Chevy re-issued the Shark! How many do you think they would sell?:s :J and imagine the technology they could incorporate! That would be a killer:_rock car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom