Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anybody tried Toyo tires on C6?

korvettekarl

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
I can get a complete set of Toyo tires for my 05 for $600. mounted and balanced. Anybody out there tried them yet?

The price is attractive, but you'll get what you pay for. I don't run 'em on my Vette but do have a set of Proxes on my '04 Jaguar S-Type R. Excellent grip but do tend to "ping" under certain road conditions. Pick up road noise too, just a little, nothin' bad. I recommend Michelin Pilots myself. Time for an upgrade already?

Got 20,000 out of the F1s. Know a guy who works for Toyo. The price will actually be less than $600. Couldn't turn it down. As far as road noise goes, the F1s aren't exactly quiet.

Tires

What will you do if you get a flat?

Call a tow truck. I have had 95,98,2000 and now the 05. All came with run flats. I have always replaced them with non run flats. Actually (knock on wood) never had a flat once I changed them to non run flats. Usually get better grip and handling with non run flats. They have always been a smoother ride when compared to the runflats.

Call a tow truck. I have had 95,98,2000 and now the 05. All came with run flats. I have always replaced them with non run flats. Actually (knock on wood) never had a flat once I changed them to non run flats. Usually get better grip and handling with non run flats. They have always been a smoother ride when compared to the runflats.
I hear you there!! I put Kumho ASX's on my C5,There will never be another set of GoodYear's on my car!!!! I've got 16,000 miles on them and still have over 8/32nd. tread left,still Round and Quiet and I can hear my radio!!!! I'll get 40,000 or better out of them!!! $592.00 delivered with road hazard, Tire Rack!!:upthumbsjunk!!

I put a set on my '04 Z06 when my F1s were toasted. They did really well with no surprises, wet or dry conditions. The ride was definitely better, and the road noise was almost nothing, compared to the Goodyears.

As soon as my Goodyears on the '06 have about another 5k on them I'm switching to Toyos T1Rs on it. I would prefer the T1S, but the rear sizes aren't available in them.

And if I get a flat I have two options, a cell phone, or breaking out my fixit kit and limping in.

Like korvettekarl I've had several different years and have yet had a flat. I do look over the tires for nails and such once a week as part of my bonding ritual.

Good luck,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom