Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone apply interior decals to dash, etc?

I am looking at adding these to my pewter '99 vert. Has anyone had problems with them coming off during cleaning?

Nevets2004 said:
Mary, :w

Thanks. I checked out the pics on ebay. They really look cool. I'm going to look into getting some.

- Steve
I got my steering wheel decal, except it's more of a sticker. I didn't have to wet it like some of youz guyz. It's like a kind of really thin rubber sticker and only took a few minutes to apply. The only problem was getting the backing off, I needed to use a pin. It looks great and I guess I did it the right way even though it came without instructions. I picked it up at Cralisle.

Hey, Steve. :) I'm glad you like the decal! Did you do the glove box letters, too? I just noticed yesterday my R is starting to lift...grrrrrrrrrrr. Damned thing. I'm going to go at it with a pin, super glue and a steady hand.

C5DropTop: Hi! :) Nope, I haven't noticed any problem with cleaning over them. Have at it - you'll like it! Really!!

Mary

Hi Mary,

No, I didn't get the glove box letters. I was so excited when I saw the steering wheel emblem that I forgot to ask for the glove box letters. Now that I think of it, that guy was a lousy (don't think I've ever written the word lousy b4) salesman. he should have suggested the letters, I would've bought them.

:w

Your Car Port deal is cool!

I have tried the decals and have had problems with the stick as well to the steering wheel; and I did prepare the surface per the instructions. But what I would like to know is; I love your car port thing if I have the right person. Can I get any details on this at all. Might want to build one like it if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance for your response back to me.

Bill Barkdull
Indiana Corvette Owner

Tripleblack51 said:
Hi Mary,
Just so you know, you will give up some performance because of the added weight of the stickers.
For each sticker, plan on losing about 5 RWHP!
;LOL ;LOL

That's why I'm not gon' do it...not at this juncture...wouldn't be prudent.

Hey, did you have the LS1 edit done yet?

Later,
Pedro

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom