Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone Going To Be Purchasing A 2011 Carbon Z06?

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
lurk5.gif

I saw that Vette in Effingham, IL at Mid America Motorwork's Funfest just several weeks ago.

The price is pretty steep, but when you see how it is optioned........boy, what a deal!

Tom Hill (Corvette Engineer) said the handling is actually better than a ZR1. For the serious racer who competes on a regular basis, Tom feels this Vette is the best handling Vette offered.

I am still trying to justify the price. Some of the equipment is actually less expensive than if you tried to put aftermarket parts together.

SAVE the WAVE!

The Dance Begins

Remo - You know you want one. Why fight it?

Rich,
The wanting one is a given. The problem is GM is going to make only 500 of them and none of the "truthful" dealers know when they'll be available and what, if any, their allocation will be. Of coarse the "dreaded" Kerbeck says they'll get them all and will make the best deals.:cool

Rich,
The wanting one is a given. The problem is GM is going to make only 500 of them and none of the "truthful" dealers know when they'll be available and what, if any, their allocation will be. Of coarse the "dreaded" Kerbeck says they'll get them all and will make the best deals.:cool

Next month is the production goal. I'd think they'd run them all at once, but who knows?

There's a few coming to the larger dealers in Miami. It seems to be a better deal to get one of these if you could at the right price, than to add the packages on to a regular Z06............they bump the cost to nearly 100k. And only the add on aero distinguishes them on a black car for exampole.

I'll bet it's an RPO, and any dealer with the cajones or sold order can get one.

Greed Even During A Recession

I'll bet it's an RPO, and any dealer with the cajones or sold order can get one.

Rich,
If the dealers start a bidding war with these models...it might backfire. Some will just say "screw it" and buy discounted ZR1's.
Remo:cool

Rich,
If the dealers start a bidding war with these models...it might backfire. Some will just say "screw it" and buy discounted ZR1's.

My point was that they will be available, and anyone can probably get one just be contacting a dealer like I did with my car, cuz it's an RPO, and dealers don't have "allocations." I'm sure a dealer might order one that is presold at list rather than buy one for stock hoping to make a killing, and risk eating it for a period of time. I got my car at no markup just by calling dealers and asking if they would order me one at list.

I thought about this as I'm going to be getting either a C6 Z06 or a ZR-1 in a year. But the price for what you get doesn't seem to be worth it, IMO.

I just got a local price on a loaded carbon Z06 with nav, etc. List price $97,710 - military discount price $89,377 minus $1,000 cash back = $88,377.

Nice Hood On The Carbon Z

:cool

2011_chevrolet_corvette_z06_carbon_limited_edition_14_cd_gallery.jpg

Bitch'in Wheels

:cool

2011_chevrolet_corvette_z06_carbon_limited_edition_15_cd_gallery_zoomed.jpg

I thought about this as I'm going to be getting either a C6 Z06 or a ZR-1 in a year. But the price for what you get doesn't seem to be worth it, IMO.

As stated in another thread. You guys get paid a lot better than we did.

As a 1Lt. in 1970 I needed a co-singer to buy a frigging Datsun.:confused

Remo, the price looks great. What Euro-trash can you touch for 100K?

Local dealer (Hood Chevrolet) has 3 ZR1's in stock and will deal a bit. Add that to 0%APR & keep your $$$ in the bank; that is a great deal:upthumbs

Inside Info

Lasted word is that BG will begin running the Carbon Z06 in January. They will build on demand.

Rich,

Right! There is a new 2010 ZR1 3 ZR at a local Hendrick dealership for a little over 108 large - sticker 123K.

Corvette Museum Raffle

Guess we all better buy a raffle ticket for the January 2011 Carbon Z06. Only 1000 tickets @$300 each!

True Or False

Hey there's a rumor being passed around by a Chevy dealer over on the CF that the Carbon Edition Z06 has been canceled.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom