Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone good with WCFB's?

craig32

Corvette
1981 repainted black coupe
Hey all, I got a WCFB and a compatable intake for it to put on my engine when I got it back together. I had a guy rebuild the carb, but I can't seem to get any gas flowing through it. I changed the fuel pump (waste of money) and all the lines, and it still seemed like it wasn't pumping gas. Finally I took one of the carbs off of my tractor and it fired right up.
So, I know the engine runs, I just have a carb to fix. I thought maybe it was the brass element, but it was the same without it. I took off the air horn to make sure the passages were all clear, which they were. Does this sound like something in the float/needle valve area? That's my only guess at this point, anything else I should be suspicious of? Thanks as always.

Craig

PS - This is a '56 engine in a '55 Bel Air - not a Corvette - but I thought you guys would be the ones to know as the other Chevy forums aren't much help.

Craig if you paid some company to rebuild that carb and it is not working then he did not bench test it. Take it back and tell them to do it right. If it was a friend and not a shop then you need to spend some $$$ and take it to someone who knows what they are doing, not a shade tree yo yo. My $0.05 worth

Google "WCFB carburator" and you will see a site called "carb doctor". He has a free download on your carb. If no gas is getting into the float bowls then it has to be either a plugged strainer stuck needle valves or improperly set floats.

I just took off the air horn to set the floats and realized they were reversed. I changed them and set the drop level, put it back together and it started right up. Glad it wasn't MY mistake! Thanks for the info on the carb doctor, I'm sure I'll need him someday. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom