Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone have an 84 - 91 with muffler Eliminators?

J

JamesRS2000

I am considering getting muffler eliminators and was wondering if anyone with an 84 - 91(L83 or L98) has a set on their Vette, and how they liked them. Also, do you have any sound clips. I think that 85 - 91 would sound similar, but I was really looking for any 84's with the stock cat on their car.

I am considering getting muffler eliminators and was wondering if anyone with an 84 - 91(L83 or L98) has a set on their Vette, and how they liked them. Also, do you have any sound clips. I think that 85 - 91 would sound similar, but I was really looking for any 84's with the stock cat on their car.

I ran my 84 with no mufflers and a stock style cat for a while...it was WAY TOO LOUD for me.

Bill

I put them on my 84 with a walker dynomax y pipe with the crossover tube. It wasn't very loud, the new y pipe reduces the resonance or humming sound. Then I put a random technologys catalytic on and boom now were talking. Boost in performance and a little louder. I find it loud only when I hammer on it, but a highway speed it is fairly quiet.

If you get them also purchase the Y pipe it will help quiet the bark and more pleasant to drive. Go for it they are only $150 to $200. And if you don't like them I will buy them from you at a slight discount. I need them for my 85 vette.

Go for it make your quiet 84 sound like the sportscar that it is, screw the neighbors.

Does anybody know if a 85 vette with no cat and muffler eliminators is to loud?

Yep,I had the elims on my 85,really woke it up from stock.It wasn't too loud,just that great Corvette Sound.

\db2
Carolina

Does anybody know if a 85 vette with no cat and muffler eliminators is to loud?

It's pretty loud. Idle is good, and WOT is good also. I dont care for part throttle noise.

It's pretty loud

I would say very loud :L. If I were you I would at least get the muffler elims that have the baffles them so its just not straight pipes. I don't know if that would change the exhaust tone or not. Idle and WOT is the best sounding, there is hardly any resonance though. Even with the top down in mine cruising at 60 plus mph.

It's pretty loud. Idle is good, and WOT is good also. I dont care for part throttle noise.

So your running your vette with headers and no cat and muffler eliminators?

And it sounds good?

I have Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers on my car. My bro (Vettefan87) has the muffler eliminators on his car. I was referring to the way his car sounds. I will say this though, to my car a little back was better then a totally free flowing exhaust. I think my bro will realize this too once he puts the mufflers on his car.

No sound clip. The rest of your exhaust setup will affect the sound.

My 88 has stock cat arrangment with the muffler elim./straight pipes and I love the rumble, definetly louder than the 99 with the Corsa, but it's not loud to me, it's music...................

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom