Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone have this problem?

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010
I had the car out for a bit the other day and was cruising around with the "ventmaster" installed on the rear window. When I parked the car in the garage and removed the ventmaster, I noticed that the lights would not turn off inside the car after I closed the glass. The window is totally closed but it seems that the mechanism for the lights that pushes downward moved a little. Just wondering if anyone had that problem.......kinda took me by surprise. Guess I'll have to take it apart to see what's going on in there. For now, I just leave the ventmaster thingy in the window because the lights turn off when that's installed.

Jay

Jay,
I've seen that happen before. The ventmaster has bend the little "thingy" on the hatch light switch. You can bend it back easily.

Usually this happens when the part of the ventmaster that press down on the hatch switch is a little too long, which bends it down some and then won't switch off with the stock hatch pin. You will have to adjust or file that portion of your ventmaster down some.

Seen it happen alot with the 2 piece adjustable vent extenders.

not to sound stupid or anything but

What the he!! is a ventmaster? Can you take a pix?

Hey Drew,
It's a bracket you can get at any supplier(Ecklers,etc.). It keeps the hatch open a few inches for better air flow in the cab when driving but does not effect int. lights and alarm system. I gotta get one of those one of these days.;)

Steel Half-Shafts said:
Jay,
I've seen that happen before. The ventmaster has bend the little "thingy" on the hatch light switch. You can bend it back easily.

Usually this happens when the part of the ventmaster that press down on the hatch switch is a little too long, which bends it down some and then won't switch off with the stock hatch pin. You will have to adjust or file that portion of your ventmaster down some.

Seen it happen alot with the 2 piece adjustable vent extenders.

or look inside the piece that hits the light switch.. there is a screw in there to adjust for this very reason

-=Jeff=- said:

or look inside the piece that hits the light switch.. there is a screw in there to adjust for this very reason

Cool.....Thanks Jeff.

Drew,
The piece is really worth getting. It allows there to be a lot less turbulence inside the car when you have both windows down at any driving speed. Works well at 130mph too:D

Jay

JT ZR-Won said:

Cool.....Thanks Jeff.

Drew,
The piece is really worth getting. It allows there to be a lot less turbulence inside the car when you have both windows down at any driving speed. Works well at 130mph too:D

Jay

Yep the vent master and the outside Mirror deflectors found on Verts are worthy mods

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom