Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone here have a Dbl Din touchscreen in their C4

VIN_#_00521__Z-51_C4

Corvette
1984 C4 DOB 01/13/1983
Let me be more specific here Are there any C4 owners with a Dbl din DVD / CD / MP3 with navigation option or flip out touch screen cd/dvd/navi in their Early C4 ( meaning... any year before the interior upgrade and the dash change ) I can't find any thread here about the car audio set up that everyone has i am starting to do a rip out of the old Bose and want some good ideas for mounting speakers in the back cargo area( where the bose enclosure were( Not going to get into installing big subs in the back, that would be too tempting for some idiot to steal, GOODBYE Back hatch window and so long subs and amp ) I want something simple and something that does not announce NICE EXPENSIVE SYSTEM INSIDE, break rear hatch window to gain access ) simple but concealable is the key words here I would greatly appreciate it if you could post a picture of what you have in your Early C4 coupes Prior to the interior updates and dash changes Thanks for you help guy (In advance of you replying) Post some pictures and a description of your set up

I believe 2 din is too large for the early c4's, like my 89. You may be better off to splice in a ipod if you want more music choices, and then add in a self powered sub-woofer to boost the bass, I did the sub woof, but I just make tapes for the oem bose audio. The sub makes a world of difference in rock.

I believe 2 din is too large for the early c4's, like my 89. You may be better off to splice in a ipod if you want more music choices, and then add in a self powered sub-woofer to boost the bass, I did the sub woof, but I just make tapes for the oem Bose audio. The sub makes a world of difference in rock.

doing all of that seems like a huge headache, i am looking to replace the Bose altogether, I have a few head units picked out and some are din cd players with a 5 inch screed, and they play DVDs........... I have a huge amp, but it may be too big for what i want in there I want more of a stealth system that isn't worth breaking into the car. i guess I'll have to get a tazer for the time when i am lucky enough to catch them breaking into the vette and taze them off their feet leave them in a pool of their own piss and a surprize in the drawers i have some Kicker 6" for the back speakers.....i have a usable head unit that has a Ipod input

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom