Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone install instrument cluster bezels?

GEH737

Corvette
2004 Blue Convertible
I'm not sure if this question should be in this forum or the technical one. I bought the aluminum bezels for the instruments in my 2004 CE Convertible from Eckler's. It's got a 19 page instruction manual - nothing that looks too difficult by itself, but the pictures are grainy, and I'd sure hate to mess up the dash or console. Has anyone else done this - any pitfalls? Or do you think it would be best left to the dealer (great mechanic who loves his job). If I break or mess something up, it's at my cost and if they do it... I want the job to look professional, more than I'm worried about the expense - I'm just wondering if it's as easy as it looks. Thanks for your thoughts.

George
Cocoa Beach, FL

I have them in my car and love them.As for the install,I love to work on cars But I chose to have my stereo guy install the bezels as I did not want to brake things removing the dash board. I hate to admit it but he also installed my cd changer in the trunk.

I paid him 250.00 for the labor,allthought I think that is alot of money I know it was a great value to me and worth every penny because it would have taken me an entire week end to complete the tasks

Thanks for your response. If anyone else does, I'm out of town for a week and won't be able to get back to you. Thanks again,

George

I did mine. It took about 2.5 hours. Followed the Vette Essential directions. If you have basic mechanical capability you can probably do this. My wife had to put the actual bezels on - she had smaller fingers which seemed to help. Several dry fittings also helped as different approaches (to setting the bezel on the cluster) seemed to work better. I did let them dry for about an hour - heard that crazy glue emits a gas (?) as it dry that fogs the plastic. Don't know if its true - so I just took a break before the install. Just go slow.

Yep, did mine myself, wife helped keep me sane and applied the glue. (LAPD has great step by step pictures too) Only thing I would point out; install speedometer bezel, then when you install the tach bezel rotate it clockwise until it touches the speedometer. My tach bezel was bit undersize and I centered the gap at the bottom and the top. Bugs me just a bit, but not enough to re do it. Everything still works too :)

Bruce

Did them myself took a couple of hours, not a big deal just lots of screws. Hardest part is unpluging the inst. panel go on Vettessentials web site they have instructions. Al

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom