Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone running Michelin Tires

BlueMan

Corvette
1999 Nassau Blue
Hi,

Yup, that ole tire question again !!!!

Is anyone running the Michelin Pilot ZP (zero pressure) tires as replacements for the stock EMT's on their C5. I'm looking for replacement tires but still want the runflat capabilities for fear of getting a flat and being stranded.

For those CAC menbers that are running the Michelins .......how do you like then, and would you recommend/buy them again ?

Thanks

BlueMan said:
Hi,

Yup, that ole tire question again !!!!

Is anyone running the Michelin Pilot ZP (zero pressure) tires as replacements for the stock EMT's on their C5. I'm looking for replacement tires but still want the runflat capabilities for fear of getting a flat and being stranded.

For those CAC menbers that are running the Michelins .......how do you like then, and would you recommend/buy them again ?

Thanks
If you're looking for information on replacements for the OE EMTs on C5s see:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/question.php?qstId=515

Michelin YES !

With 35,000 on my '99 coupe, I researched this question over months. I used this forum and went to Goodyear and Michelin tire stores. I believe I made a good decision last January when I replaced all the Goodyear EMTs with Michelin Pilot Sport zero pressures.

There was no logical reason to give up the run flat feature for no gain that I could perceive... at least the way I drive. I drive in all weather, moderately and reasonably... less aggressively than on my earlier Vettes in the 1960s and later.

The Michelins provide a more solid feel when cornering and changing lanes even at low speeds, more control at highway speeds, and are less noisy. The Michelins take bumps and potholes at 10 to 60 mph by rolling over them instead of hitting them hard with a jarring feedback. The Michelins are unquestionably much better in snow and any wet conditions.

If I were to buy a new C5, I would transfer my Michelins to the new car.

About those Frenchy weenies: I don't like their politics, but macro-political positions are over-ridden by micro-economic decisions when it comes to my C5. Over 40 years of TR3's, several Corvettes, and GTOs, everytime I have replaced any brand tire with Michelin, I've been positively impressed.

Best decision you can make is it replaced the Goodyear with Michelin Pilot Sport zero pressures. I put a set on last May and also" If I were to buy a new C5, I would transfer my Michelins to the new car."
Check the Michelin warranty http://www.michelinman.com/difference/innovation/zeropressure.html
"Backed for your satisfaction. With Michelin Zero Pressure tires, Michelin not only enables you to drive to get service after air loss — we also let you drive away satisfied after getting that service, thanks to our exclusive "ZP Assurance Plan." If your tire becomes unserviceable during the first two years of service or before 50% of the tread is worn whichever comes first, Michelin will replace the tire FREE OF CHARGE. You'll find full details and conditions of the "ZP Assurance Plan" in your Michelin Zero Pressure tire owner's manual and limited warranty."

I've had mine for just over a year and 12,000 miles now. They are awesome in comparison to the stock GYs. They are:

- Much quieter
- Smoother over bumps (bumpsteer is reduced a lot over the GYs)
- They gripe when pushed so you know you're on the edge
(as opposed to just unexcepctedly letting go like the GYs did)
- They handle much better on wet roads
- They were cheaper than the EMTs

I really love my PilotSports - best decision I've made was replacing the GYs with these tires.

ell1 said:
Best decision you can make is it replaced the Goodyear with Michelin Pilot Sport zero pressures. I put a set on last May and also" If I were to buy a new C5, I would transfer my Michelins to the new car."
Check the Michelin warranty http://www.michelinman.com/difference/innovation/zeropressure.html
"Backed for your satisfaction. With Michelin Zero Pressure tires, Michelin not only enables you to drive to get service after air loss — we also let you drive away satisfied after getting that service, thanks to our exclusive "ZP Assurance Plan." If your tire becomes unserviceable during the first two years of service or before 50% of the tread is worn whichever comes first, Michelin will replace the tire FREE OF CHARGE. You'll find full details and conditions of the "ZP Assurance Plan" in your Michelin Zero Pressure tire owner's manual and limited warranty."
I had them on my 99 Coupe traded for my 04 CE gave up the new GY"s and put on my ZP's. I wouldn't think of getting rid of them. Heads above the GY"s

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom