Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone use zymöl?

T

Torchy2000

From their website www.zymol.com (about $14 bucks at Walmart)

"   Rated Number 1*  - The Best Shine and Easiest Care!

Cleaner Wax™ - Paint Repair + Wax
       Item # z503cw: Regular Price $26.00 - Available NOW!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Pricing:
Item # z503cw: $19.95
(includes Shipping and Handling)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first "real" cleaner-wax.   Because of petrol-solvent limitations cleaning and waxing combination products have had a history of either cleaning or waxing but not doing both very well. We have developed an all natural Cleaner-Wax that we are
very excited about.....because it works! Uniform polishing agents clean and repair minor paint blemishes, scratches and abrasions without petrol solvents while imparting a brilliant coat of natural waxes to protect your finish.

*rated No.1 by the leading consumer advocacy group
Contains   #1 Yellow Carnauba 12%,  Bees Wax 3%, Kaolin Clay, Almond Meal, Chalcedony Crystals,  Shea Nut Butter, Coconut Oil, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Cocoamide (derived from coconut oil), Propolis (derived from Bees) and Glycerl Stearate and FDC Blue #1.

Thanks Tansanite3. But, forgive the analogy, its kind of like a Dell salesman offering an opinion on Macintosh. Know what I mean?

I read your home page. Great Story!!:beer

I saw that (color) car on the showroom floor when it came out. Thought it was WAY cool. Dug the stones story as well!

Any one else on the Zymol issue??

R

I have a bottle of this wax in my garage as we speak, and it will probably be the only wax I will use in the future.

I really like this product, I haven't used it on my vette yet but I did use it on my wife's Grand Am. This wax works very well!!

The two items I liked best about this wax was that it comes off very easily and with the bananna / coconut extracts, the whole car smelt like coconuts for days after it was waxed. It was like adding an air freshener to the outside of the car.

On a scale of 1-10, I would rate this product a 8 or 9 only because there is always room for a company to improve on their product, right!!

Hope this helps you out.

Mike

:upthumbs

Thanks mb6970,

Living here in Florida, it would seem only appropriate to have my car smell like coconuts!:w

Thanks!

http://www.zymol.com/c5.htm

If you like that wax, you definitely need to try the wax from the link above. It is specifically designed for the Corvette. I have been using Zymol for years. The stuff for $16, may be good, but not as good as their premium waxes. You will see other waxes and products at their home page. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the info, i will check it out!!!

Torchy2000,
I noticed that you are from Destin, FL. I will be in Destin from July 30 to Aug. 2. My company has held our yearly district meeting there for the past two years... maybe I will have time to look you up.

Mike

Come on down, bring Zymol :)

Sure you can look me up! We do alot of Vetting/cruising down here, and are always up for showing a fellow Vetter our area. Our local Vette club rocks! ( www.playgroundcorvetteclub.com ) I have a couple of Sea-Doo's we can splash as well...

I'll make it easy...

G. Robin Shanklin
226 Nautica Way
Destin, FL
850.654.0930 office
850.654.9797 home
850.865.6519 cell

grobin4@cox.net:cool

I HAVE BEEN USING ZYMOL LATELY AND THINK THE STUFF WORKS GREAT!!! GOES ON EASY AND COMES OFF EASY. LOOKS AS GOOD AS ZAINO AND THE IT TRULY SMELLS LIKE HAWIAN TROPIC TANNING LOTION.TRY IT!!!:cool

If any of you have used Zymol, feel free to add a some reviews on the products! Just click the Product Reviews tab at the top and locate the products. If they're not there, let me know and I'll add them.

The Zymol product sold at K-mart is made by Turtle Wax after they bought Zymol. It is a cleaner/wax similar to Turtle Wax products. They are basically taking advantage of the Zymol name.
The original Zymol is a blue paste, high carnuba wax that goes for about $35./plastic container for the low end stuff going to $400+ for some specially formulated for your car. It is a true carnuba, no cleaner wax that should be used with a precleaner called HD cleanse. Together they work great and give an excellent deep shine, though very short lived, about 2 months or less. They got their reputation on expensive German carriages then on Ferraris and Porsches. Used it for 10 years and still have some in the refrigerator from my Porsche days. Gives a deeper shine than Zaino IMHO, but doesn't last, cover swirl marks or protect as well. Kind of trade off.

Using Zaino on the Vette with no intention to finish off the Zymol.

OK Torchy... I will take you up your invite:upthumbs

My time will be somewhat limited. During the day we have meetings (boring) and at night we get togather with other guys in the company that we only get to see once a year at these meetings. Usually turns into a booze fest and we get to see some of the bigwigs in the company get trashed.

I beleive we are staying at the Sand Destin Resort (I think thats the right name) on the east side of town. I will give you a call when I get into town and see what we can work out.

Later,
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom