Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ARE WE LABLED SPEED FREAKS?

Gersh said:
I have,I have, Be there,Be there!! I used to Blast Down the Kahoka Drag Strip!!!!

What did you run there, I might have seen ya? I used to go there every chance I got. I've never raced there, but I have raced at the Keokuk, IA drag strip. When we had snow, the drivers training teacher would take us out on the Kahoka drag strip and teach us how to "spin" the car. They don't teach that in drivers ed anymore. LOL I remember watching the "Green Monster" (jet car) run at Kahoka, they had to stop traffic on US136 when he took off to keep him from blowing a car off the road.

I don't know any Anderson's, but I have been to the Memphis drive-in several time. All my kin have passed on except 1 sister who still lives in Keokuk. That's pronounced "ke'-oh-kuk" for all the rest of ya'll CAC'ers. These are some good ol' Irish names huh? LOL

I've been to Keokuk Ia. Too!! If the river would let you get there!!;LOL Seemed like that Alexandra Mo was always under water!!;)
1954 Ford,set back 283 Chevy 3 deuces!! They called her Little Miss Sunbeam!! White 54 Ford 2 Dr Sed. with Sally Sunbeam and Spap-on Tools on the side!!! The Snap-on tool man,and Lowenburg Bakery in Kirksville sponsored it!! It was actually Uncle Bill and Uncle Bill!!;LOL :D My Dad had the Bright Idea to put oxygen from the Torch in a Spire tire in the Trunk,with a hose running up the roll cage to a air nozzle taped to the cage,(so I could hit it with my knee) and the hose out of it went strait to the Air Cleaner!!!(BIG MISTAKE!!!) Have you ever seen a SB Chevy Disintegrate??:rotfl :rotfl Oh what we would do for more HP in the mid and late 60's!!!!:crazy :W

I've seen the "Green Monster" at Kahoka,Damn It Was Loud!!!:upthumbs :cool

Back then, my Dad had a used car dealers liecense. From the time I was 16 until he had his heart attack, we went to Kirksville almost every Monday night to the auto auction.

The Kahoka strip closed down when I was in high school. I raced a '63 Olds Cutless with a 215cu all alumimun V8 engine, 4-speed at the Keokuk strip. Won lots of races. Ah... the good ol' days... LOL

I had the NHRA national record holder stored for a guy, at my place in St. Francisiville, MO one wenter. Tommy Johnson's "Super Hugger", 1969 Comaro, 427, slicks, paint job, the works. I got it out in the Spring, and got it ready for the racing season. I drove it down the road, open headers. The police came to my door and told me not to do that again. LOL

jhecox said:
Back then, my Dad had a used car dealers liecense. From the time I was 16 until he had his heart attack, we went to Kirksville almost every Monday night to the auto auction.
Colonel Bob Lambert's Kirksville Auto Action,Hwy 6 West!! Out by Kratzers and Leon Park's Junk yards back then!!! Long Gone!! Why was all Good Auctioneers referred to as Colonels back then?? I never did understand that!! :confused :upthumbs

I've found that people appreciate the power and beauty of the 'Vette, but don't seem to fault me so much, even if it is somewhat of a wasteful and frivolous car. I get much more negative attention in my little "ricewagon", an Acura Integra. Cops give me very dirty looks even when I'm doing five under the limit in a school zone, smiling and waving. The typical response to the 'Vette from the cops is one of awe!

I get this all the time,but it's my fault because I run it hard,kinda hard not too.I'll race just about anything.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom