Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Arizona Classic Car Auctions

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
It's auction time again in Scottsdale. I'm heading out Saturday the 11th. I'll be attending Barrett-Jackson, Russo and Steele, and RM for sure. B-J and Russo and Steele look to have a good selection of Corvettes in their catalogs. With nice weather it should be a great week. My youngest son will be going with me and we will be staying with my oldest son. I'm really looking forward to spending time with them and my grand daughter. The way the weather is here I may forget to come back home.

Also looking forward to seeing some of my Corvette hobby friends I don't get to see very often. If anyone is going and wants to try to meet up let me know.

Sales results are sometimes slow to be posted but I'll try to photograph interesting cars and post them here as the week goes on. Here is a nice '59 in the rarest color that will be at Russo and Steel. I can't wait to se this one first hand. There is no way of telling if this is a real Classic Cream car unless it has original documentation with it but it sure looks nice. It isn't listed in the C1 Registry.

Tom

Consignment # 7372
VIN: J59S104983

783062-large.jpg

283/270, 4 speed and 4:11 posi

I see they have a '58 Panama Yellow roadster that will be auctioned off at BJ - One of my favorite car and color combinations.

Nothing like a Panama Yellow '58.

You want I should pick it up for you? You'd look good driving that one.

Absolutely Tom! :happyanim: Did you come into a load of money or win the lottery? :L That one is close to my all time favorite Corvette. There actually is one almost identical to it here. Except the one here is still completely original and no KO's. But it's Sunfire Yellow with black, 327/350 4spd. Wish the guy that owns it would sell it to me for what he bought it for back in 68 when he bought it. :D

1953s

Here are two outstanding '53s we saw at Barrett Jackson today. Number 83 and number 181. Both are original unrestored cars and number 181 only has 9620 miles.

IMG_0251.jpgIMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

Barris Custom

Here's a wild Barris custom done back in the early '60s. The car was shown with either the Americans and drag tires or with the Dayton wires and white walls. Metalflake was the thing back then.

IMG_0264.jpgIMG_0265.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 76
Restomods

It seems like restomods are the hot ticket again this year so many are so nice I wonder if they have ever been driven. I can't imagine there would be any money in building cars specifically to sell at auction. This '58 had LS power, 6 speed billet wheels designed to resemble stock wheel covers and other upgrades. It was very nice and would be a ball to own.

Tom

IMG_0299.jpg

I was out to Barrett-Jackson for 12 hours yesterday and took hundreds of photos. No time to edit before going to Russo and Steele this morning but here is a tease.

1958 Panama Yellow 270 horse 4 speed.

IMG_0570[1].jpgIMG_0573[1].jpg

Red 1967 L88

Here is one of the Corvette stars of the Barrett-Jackson sale. I wonder how high it will go?

Click here------>1967 L88

Attachments

• 161046_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
    161046_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 72
My friends 40th aniv. ruby went on the block yesterday with Russo and Steele....I was shocked how far prices have dropped; he only got $5500.00 for that beauty of a ruby :confused

I spent Wednesday at the Russo and Steele preview. I think I saw that car. They also had 2 white C4 ZR1s.

BTW the '67 L88 at B-J sold for $3,500,000.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom