Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...as seen at Barrett-Jackson:

*89x2*

:w

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Man that sneaky guy is everywhere!....
gnomehome_742x180.jpg

:boogie

Up for auction in Scottsdale...

Vehicle Details
LotNumber 687
Year 1997
CarMake CALLAWAY
CarModel C7R
CarStyle GT1 ENDURANCE RACE CAR
ExteriorColor SILVER
Interiorcolor BLACK ALCANTARA TRIM

Summary Aluminum, dry sump V8 with a X-trac 6-speed sequential transaxle, carbon fiber monocoque. Sold on a "bill of sale only".
Description The first complete Callaway automobile, the Callaway C7R is a full monocoque carbon fiber front mid-engined, rear transaxle design. It is powered by a 383cid all-aluminum V8 with electronically-controlled port fuel injection making some 640hp breathing through the FIA-regulated air restrictors, this Callaway C7R led its class in the 1997 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona; subsequent rules changes precluded it from further FIA GT and Le Mans competition. Freshened at the Callaway Competition factory following Daytona, it is "on the button" and comes with spare nose and tail bodywork. Created by Paul Deutschman, the Callaway C7R's flat bottom design generates downforce at speed greater than the weight of the car. Its handling and aerodynamic performance delighted its drivers at Daytona: Ron Fellows, Johnny Unser, Boris Said and Enrico Bertaggia. Only two Callaway C7R's were built; the other is in the private collection of Callaway founder Reeves Callaway. ***SOLD ON BILL SALE ONLY***

20344_Show.jpg

-Luigi
:cool

Chris, You always get to go to all the cool places. I need a job like yours, or is it a job?

is the c7r up for sale now , if so i didn't see it on their site

I didn't see the C7R for sale either. Or any other Callaways. The only Corvette of any interest I saw was one with the Shinoda bodykit. ;shrug

It is not listed as a Chevrolet Corvette.... its under Car Make: Callaway :beer

Anyhow, it is lot # 687

:w

Enjoy and Good Luck!

-Luigi

I think you're looking at the wrong year somehow Luigi, 687 for 2008 is a red '67 Camaro RS/SS. :confused

OOPS!.... :duh My error.... Good catch Brangeta. That is the old record from the 2004 Auction. If I would have see the Sledgehammer, C12, and SuperSpeedster also listed it would NOT have fooled me. And here I thought it might be on the block again.

CTR2, sorry I got your hopes up.

-Luigi

Hey Chris, I'm coming in Thurs eve. Planning on an all day marathon Sat. at Barrett-J. We should hang buddy!

Paul, I will have already headed for home by Thurs eve., sorry :(

Jonstr will be there on Thurs. I spoke with him on the auction as well.

The Callaway Cars display is straight out the back of the big tent about 100 yards - Go out the doors where they bring the cars IN to the BIGGEST of the series of tents and you will see it. It is right beside the Mothers wax 18 wheeler. :beer

Anybody know what times and channels the auction comes on? I believe it is aired on Speed TV (which I do not have) but was curious whether it will be aired on something like ESPN Classic perhaps.

Paul, I will have already headed for home by Thurs eve., sorry :(

Jonstr will be there on Thurs. I spoke with him on the auction as well.

The Callaway Cars display is straight out the back of the big tent about 100 yards - Go out the doors where they bring the cars IN to the BIGGEST of the series of tents and you will see it. It is right beside the Mothers wax 18 wheeler. :beer
Looks like it will be Friday A.M. for me. too much work to do on Thursday. :ugh

Looks like it will be Friday A.M. for me. too much work to do on Thursday. :ugh

Jon, again, sorry I missed you - seems that between you, Surfnsun, BoostedMax, and Kruzmisl, we have all been in Scottsdale over the past week - just at different times :W

Wish I was still there...

attachment.php

Chris,
Is the C16 going to be auctioned on Saturday?, one of these years I'll make it out there :cool. Wow, you guys got hammered with the snow,:eek:hnoes I don't miss it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom