Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Asr/security, sys lights engine dies at speed

Stewballs

Corvette
1992 Lt1 bright red
I am a new member. I can't keep this short... sys light started flashing, about a year ago. Read forum. Checked every connection I could find... and charging system. All good. Install used DIC. Fixed sys light flashing, and fuel and gauge buttons not responding correctly. Next asr light, security light and again... sys flash together. Read forum. ECM is being repaired at SIA. Before ECM removal, engine would cut out at hi way speed, like a long engine miss. This quickly turned into engine dies. ICM is external, I poured cold water on it, engine ran perfect. Til it got hot again. I put a bag of ice over it, with a small hole in it, over the module / coil location. I used 3 bags!! But made it 65 miles! When it began missing the ice had melted. I bought new module and new coil. I made it about 60 miles engine miss/ engine dies returned. However water and ice did not remedy it this time!!! Towed AAA 65 miles. This was... my daily driver. Any suggestions or links would be appreciated. Thanks

"SYS" flashing on the IP, the service ASR warning and possibly the "security" light's behavior mean fault codes are stored in several of the car's controllers.

What fault codes are set?

Do you have the 1992 Corvette Service Manual?

Have you reinstalled the repaired ECM? If so, what was the result?

92 Vette asr/ security lights

It was put in the mail by Sia on Tuesday. I did not retrieve codes. I worked most of it out by reading threads on the forum. I did learn that when tested there were many solder joints that were bad. I do not have FSM... I am working on that now. If you know of a set of manuals, please let me know. Thanks for the response.

92 lt1. Engine dies when at operating temp.

This is a continuation of my earlier post.
I just in stalled the re soldered ecm from Sia.
The service asr and security lights are not coming on . sys light also seems to be cured.

However the engine still dies while driving . it must be at operating temp. Then at rpm, wot in 2 nd gear. About 4500 rpm. It has symptoms like the ign. Was turned off. It progressively gets worse. Tol the engine won't run.
Here is a list of components I have replaced, new coil, ign. Module, resoldered ecm. And new fuel pump. Opti I replaced about 1.5 years ago. It has about 15 k on it.
Opti spark is the only thing I can think of...
I do not have a FSM.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom