Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Assembly plant reservations??????

R

reubenmc

I was at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant web site and I see that starting Feb. 1 you have to make reservations to tour the assembly plant and it will cost $5. Anybody know anything about this news??

New Tour Procedures Starting February 1st all tours will require a fee of $5 per person. To ensure a reservation we highly recommend booking your tours online through our online booking system. There will also be a kiosk for walk in customers. The walk up kiosk will not ensure a reservation as the plant has a restricted number of visitors per day.
http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/tour_information.html

the almighty dollar talks again! it was always recommended to get a reservation, as they have always limited the tours

I really want to take the tour when we go down in June. However I was kind of hoping we would have a group tour. I will give it a little more time, then we will see.

Craig

I would like to take the tour also. Would we be able to go as a club, and would they do it on the weekend? If it can be set up I am in for two tickets.

Tom

That's a first...Aren't they closed on the weekends?

Susan

Gee, $5.00 is not bad. My factory tour the end of Feb. will cost me $490 but of course that includes taking delivery of a '05 Victory Red coupe. Sorry could not help it. Honestly most places are charging small fees for events like this and reservations are not all bad. As far back as the early 70's Porsche charged a fee and you had to have reservations to tour their plant. I don't know how much it actually costs GM to provide the tours but it is an expense that has to be offset. On the flip side their "Auto Show in motion" a very expensive production is free. My .02 cents worth. Take care and Happy New Year. Jack

the NCM will do special tours for groups, but you need to plan way in advance - don't remember who my club (FreeState Corvette) worked with, but we have visited several times enmasse - I know Andy Boca from the NCM frequents these Forums

Getting lucky on your birthday is a good thing, but shoot you have two vettes, so take them both out and drive. :birth from all of us here at CAC.

Craig

Seems like to me that in addition to letting GM employees, GM retirees, school groups in for free that they could also include NCM members in there for free also. It amazes me that after 52 years of free tours that GM finds it necessary to charge admission for plant tours. I can't believe that they are paying the college kids that are giving the tours more than minimum wage. I would have prefered that a bucket for tips be used instead of charging.

A Corvette magazine is $4.99+, a movie is $7.00+, a gallon of gas is $2.20. a new Corvette is $50,000+.
Is a $5.00 charge going to keep anyone owning a Corvette away? Token charges like that keep the bratty local kids out. They probably donate it a local cause anyway.
How much will you spend on the gas, hotel and food to get there!

Later,
JU

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom