Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Auto transport - Anybody used Thomas Sunday?

jonstr

I'm getting some quotes to transport my car to shows. These guys seem pretty competitive, but I've never used them.

Anybody out there have opinions?

I'm getting some quotes to transport my car to shows. These guys seem pretty competitive, but I've never used them.

Anybody out there have opinions?

We are using them right now.
They picked up the car eight days later than promised.
They called and said they would pick up the car Tuesday of this week, then later called and said Wednesday morning.
They picked up the car late Wednesday evening.
I hope they do better when they bring the car home, i don't want to have someone waiting around for days for them to show up.

Just an FYI, In the past I have used Passport Transport and Reliable and they both have been very professional, timely, reasonably priced, and have top notch equipment.

-Luigi
:cool

We are using them right now.
They picked up the car eight days later than promised.
They called and said they would pick up the car Tuesday of this week, then later called and said Wednesday morning.
They picked up the car late Wednesday evening.
I hope they do better when they bring the car home, i don't want to have someone waiting around for days for them to show up.

Thanks John, that's helpful. Given that I need it there on a specific day for the show, that doesn't sound promising.

Just an FYI, In the past I have used Passport Transport and Reliable and they both have been very professional, timely, reasonably priced, and have top notch equipment.

-Luigi
:cool

Thanks Luigi. I've used Passport in the past also, and have a quote from them (they have since been bought out by FedEx, BTW). I've gotten quotes from a few others, both Intercity and Reliable said they could not make the dates for the show. :ugh

Callaway should make a SuperNatural Peterbilt. That's what I would call hauling @$$. :W

I've used Thomas Sunday a few times and got great service. By the way, Thomas Sunday used to race in the Corvette Challange series.
His main office is actually located only a few miles from where I live and if I ever have to have my Callaway shipped again, he will be the first choice.

You can also try Plycon. They transported the Callaway C16 to LA in record time and for the best price. The first time I have had a car delivered earlier than promised.
http://www.plycarllc.com/

Thanks for the info, everyone. I got a great price and schedule from Plycon, however for now I am going to plan to trailer the car out for the show myself. I hope to see you all in Bowling Green!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom