Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Auto Transporter Recommendations/Complaints?

mangusta1969

Corvette
92 CR1;04 C5; 91 Aerobody Vert (nonTT)
I just purchased a 92 Callaway Aerobody car (CR1 number one) in Chicago and would like to have it transported in an enclosed carrier from Ohio or Illinois to the San Diego, CA or Reno, NV areas.

I have been looking for some quality recommendations and any transporter horror stories on the net, without too much success.

Can anyone give me experiences (good or bad) on the following companies or make some recommendations on other companies (based on good experiences)?

A-AAA Auto Transport
Intercity Lines
Thomas Sunday

Costs seem to run about $1000-1500 for this voyage. I figure I might spend that much in beer, gas, and bail bondsman fees.

I will post a picture of the new beast and some more details on it when I have a little more time. The original owner was Steve Deshler.

You can send me private emails on this to mangusta1969@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Steve

Intercitylines gets my vote. They brought my 91 TT from California to Texas without any bs. Their trucks are awesome too.

I used Intercity for the round trip from Pennsylvania to Old Lyme and back when my Grand Sport received the Callaway SuperNatural conversion. The trailer was immaculate and my vehicle was treated like a new born. I would not hesitate to use Intercity again.

As a side note, when they brought my Callaway back from Old Lyme, Emerson Fittapaldi's Indy car was on the trailer with mine.

Stay away from AAAdvantage Transport. Not sure if that is the same as the one you listed. They were late picking up my vehicle that I had transported from California to Ohio. I had a deadline to leave town and I ended up driving it to some drop off station 45 miles away and it sat there for weeks. I ended up getting my car 3 weeks after the promise date and I had to pick it up when it got to Ohio because they couldn't deliver it to me. Showed up with a broken windshield and my claim was denied even though they claimed they were fully insured and bonded. Said that road debris caused the damage and that is beyond their control. Bunch of sh*#. Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as it turns out there have been many filed against this company. Go to epinions.com to read about them.....I learned my lesson the hard away.

Al

Congrats on the purchase!! Thats the blue one right? What are you doing with your current vert?

SurfNSun,

The red aero convertible (see attached) is not yet for sale. It is also a long way from you, as it is located in San Diego.

I bought this as an interim car through Ebay last January while I was searching for a TT car. It looks pretty nice, but it is really an everyday car with an L98 motor/automatic in it. It does have all options on it, including FX3 adjustable suspension. It also has a glass rear window! I have some power sport seats for it that I am going to install over the next 30-40 days.

Will let you know if I decide to sell it (or the wife makes me).

Steve

CR1 Heading West

Here's a picture of the new (to me) car that will probably be going on the Intercity Lines truck heading west from Slohio.

Note the slower vehicle (maybe) in the background.

Steve

attachment.php

Damn that is nice!!!

I don't know...those new Lambos are pretty mean!

I have had great experiences with Passport Transport with my GNX's in the past. InterCity brought my Twin Turbo cross-country from LA. They were quick and great.

Of course, we could probable scrounge enough members on the forum here to tag team drive you car home :D

Luigi
:cool

TurboLuigi said:
I have had great experiences with Passport Transport with my GNX's in the past. InterCity brought my Twin Turbo cross-country from LA. They were quick and great.

Of course, we could probable scrounge enough members on the forum here to tag team drive you car home :D

Luigi
:cool

Ive got the Chicago leg!!!:_rock

Cross

Re: CR1 Heading West

mangusta1969 said:
Here's a picture of the new (to me) car that will probably be going on the Intercity Lines truck heading west from Slohio.

Note the slower vehicle (maybe) in the background.

Steve

Steve, I think you could easily give him a run for the money - Funny how the two fastest cars were the last 2 to check out ;LOL

Late Checkout/Carlisle

We both probably drank more beer than the other guys.

Chris, speaking of that, thanks for contributing your HP/Torque guess Yuengling winnings to the team on Saturday night. That was a good time.

Turbo Joe, I even enjoyed the creeper races (since I did not finish dead last).

Steve

Hey, I just noticed that my red convertible attachment was not included with my earlier email. So here goes another attempt at an attachment.
attachment.php

Re: Late Checkout/Carlisle

mangusta1969 said:
We both probably drank more beer than the other guys.

Chris, speaking of that, thanks for contributing your HP/Torque guess Yuengling winnings to the team on Saturday night. That was a good time.

Turbo Joe, I even enjoyed the creeper races (since I did not finish dead last).

Steve

Steve, My pleasure - You know what a big beer drinker I am ;)
...more than glad to share :beer

Turbo Joe's innagural crreper challenge had to be one of the funniest parts of the show - Who's got the pics??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom