Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Autocrossing

WOW looks like fun! Great to see some people aren't affraid to drive these old 'vettes like they are supposed to be driven. Any mods you've done? Is it an automatic? Stock tires?

-Tatortot

:w Steve,

I did a LOT of auto cross racing back in the '80s.. I was what they called a Points Chaser (NCCC) :lou I've auto crossed a 67, 74, 80, 84 and 85 before hanging it up and moving away from the MidWest (Nebraska)..

From watching your video, I probably would DNF... a course with that many Cones tend to confuse me and I got lost on them :W

I used to hate pulling in for an event and see the racing was in a Parking Lot... I prefered the open spaces at the old military airports and sanction tracks :upthumbs

It's a rush alright, and our cars love it too ;) I plan to give it another shot this year at CruiseFest if they have one setup... I think it was mentioned a few times, but not sure if they will actually have one setup..

Enjoy and remember young Jedi... "Focus and do everything Smoothly, it ain't like Drag Racing" :chuckle ;LOL

Bud

That looks really nice! I also want to organize this for a couple of years but I have to find such a large strip of tarmac to setup a decent track. I think it is really really! cool to see and to do. Corvette's aren't made to stand in a museum but to be driven! Good luck :)

Groeten Peter.

From watching your video, I probably would DNF... a course with that many Cones tend to confuse me and I got lost on them :W

Enjoy and remember young Jedi... "Focus and do everything Smoothly, it ain't like Drag Racing" :chuckle ;LOL

Bud

Bud.

Its easy once you get out there. The Sea of Cones turns into a well defined track when your actually on it. from the side it looks like a mess but after signing in and getting your car spec'd you can walk the course with a course map.

Its nice to get out there and USE these Vettes for what they were designed to do.

My father has a '72 Vette. I keep telling him he should charge admission to his garage so people can see his car because he never takes it out of the garage. I go through a set of rear tires in 4 monts because I autocross.

I'll take racing over sitting any day!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom