Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

automatic door lock issue...

P

platooka

The automatic door lock on the passenger door is working irradically on my '02...When I try to unlock the doors using the automatic switch from either the passenger side door or driver side door, the passenger side won't unlock all the time. It takes 4-5 pushes of the button for it to finally unlock. Anyone else having this issue or heard of it? Any thoughts as to what may be the causing it.

Thanks in advance....

My service manuals are being shipped to me as we speak so I can't check wiring diagrams, but it seems unlikely that both door switches are going out at the same time. More likely the electronic lock. Perhaps a loose ground. Hope others can provide a more definitive solution. Tom.

I have the same condition in my driver's side door. I can hear an anemic attempt to unlock, but it is not strong like in the passenger door. My service guy says that it is the unlocking unit (actuator, or whatever is the correct language) in the door itself. He says that it is common enough problem that he has replaced several.

Automatic Door Lock

Had same problem with my 02. It somehow set the alarm
without my knowing it also. This problem has occurred with other
members also. I stopped mine by simply replacing the battery
in the key fob and the problem stopped . Take her in for warranty
work if battery does not fix. :)

Had similar problem w/ my '01.
After jumping through my local
dealer's hoop for three visits they
replaced the controller. Luckly it
was replaced under warranty.

mike

Thanks everyone...It is still under warranty, so I will take it in. I just wanted to get a gauge to see if this was a common problem and if it was, what the problem usually was before I take it into the dealer.

Try replacing the batteries.

Does the problem happen all the time or only when you are at certian locations in town?

My 02 does the same thing for only the passenger side door. Doesn't want to unlock with the key fob or via the driver side switches. tried reprogramming but no joy. Hmmm......
don't you just love/hate technology?

I am having the same problem in my 01. It won't unlock the passenger door by the remote or the wired buttons, so I'm sure replacing the battery in the remote won't get it. I think it's a weak actuator in the passenger door. It could be something simple like the mechanism needs some grease but I haven't/won't take it apart to confirm. Taking to the dealer to replace it.

Carmen

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom