Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aux Cooling Fan Rebuild???

Redbob

Corvette
'89 dk red coupe
Yesterday I discovered that, although the aux cooling fan motor is running merrily, the fan itself is not turning! It's free-wheeling on the motor shaft. Speaking of which, I've priced new ones...

Has anyone out there succeeded in repairing one of these, either with a replacement fan - if there is such a thing - or by re-attaching the fan to the shaft?

I need help fast - it was 102 F here yesterday, and the main fan behind the radiator just doesn't do the trick all by itself!

Thanks,
- R

What you should experience is the main fan works very well to cool the car all by itself...... with the A/C off. If you see the temperature hit... say 225, shut down the A/C and it will be fine... the only time it should be a problem is in stop and go traffic... this will work until you get it fixed, I think i remember the motor alone being over 150 bucks for my car... The motors come separate from the fan, so maybe yours is a simple connection problem... missing bolt?

Corvette Central sells a replacement fan and motor, but check on eBay. I got mine for $75, new, and the seller had more (in fact, he'd lowered his initial price to $50 not long after I got mine).
[RICHR]

rrubel said:
Corvette Central sells a replacement fan and motor, but check on eBay. I got mine for $75, new, and the seller had more (in fact, he'd lowered his initial price to $50 not long after I got mine).
[RICHR]

Thanks, Rich. I do appreciate answers that are to the point!
I tend to forget about Ebay as a source for car parts...
Best Regards,
Robert

I have an extra

fan & blades OK but mount is a bit thrashed...

$35.00 sound fair?

Vig!

Re: I have an extra

vigman said:
fan & blades OK but mount is a bit thrashed...

$35.00 sound fair?

Vig!

Fair indeed; my mount is fine. How did yours get "thrashed"?
This is for the "pusher" fan that mounts ahead of the readiator?
Contact me, please.
- Robert

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom